Update: Netflix cancels 'Chilling Adventures of Sabrina'.
Netflix announced Wednesday the ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ will end when it returns this year for “part four”.
“Working on Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has been an incredible honor from day one. The cast, beginning with Kiernan as everyone’s favorite teen witch, has been an absolute joy. I am beyond thankful to the crew, writers, editors, assistants, and everyone for pouring so much love into this dark dream of a show,” said showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. “I’m also grateful to our partners at Netflix, Warner Bros., Berlanti Television and Archie Comics for letting us tell the story we wanted to tell, the way we wanted to tell it. We can’t wait for everyone to see part four.”
This news comes after ‘Riverdale’ spinoff ‘Katy Keene’ was canceled at The CW after only one season.
(Original Post: December 13, 2018) Audition for a Speaking Role
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a horror TV series developed by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa for Netflix.
- The series is based on the Archie comic book series of the same name.
- The series is produced by Warner Bros. Television in association with Berlanti Productions and Archie Comics.
What is Chilling Adventures of Sabrina about?The series follows Archie Comics character Sabrina Spellman, portrayed by Kiernan Shipka and also stars Ross Lynch, Lucy Davis, Chance Perdomo, Michelle Gomez, Jaz Sinclair, Tati Gabrielle, Adeline Rudolph, Richard Coyle, and Miranda Otto. The show was originally developed at The CW, and the series was supposed to be a spinoff series to Riverdale. However, in December 2017, the project was moved to Netflix with a two-season order. Filming takes place in Vancouver, British Columbia where both seasons are shot back to back. The first season consists of 10 episodes and was released on October 26, 2018. The show received positive reviews and fans praised Shipka’s acting performance.
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina PlotThis adaptation of the "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" tale is a dark coming-of-age story that traffics in horror and the occult. In the reimagined origin story, Sabrina Spellman wrestles to reconcile her dual nature -- half-witch, half-mortal -- while standing against the evil forces that threaten her, her family -- including aunts Hilda and Zelda -- and the daylight world humans inhabit. Kiernan Shipka ("Mad Men") leads the cast in the titular role of the show that is based on a comic series of the same name. (via)
Who is the casting director for ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’?LOS ANGELES - MAR 1: Kiernan Shipka at the "Feud: Bette And Joan" Premiere Screening at the TCL Chinese Theater IMAX on March 1, 2017 in Los Angeles, CA - Image (Kathy Hutchins / Shutterstock.com)
- According to IMDB, the casting directors behind Riverdale include Lyndsey Baldasare and David Rapaport.
- Baldasare/Rapaport Casting are known for casting several major TV shows including The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Supergirl and 90210.
How to audition for a speaking role
- For a TV show, this big, casting directors are contacting talent through talent agencies. If you are interested in a speaking role in the upcoming new season, contact your talent agent for an audition. If you do not have an agent, check out our guide to landing an acting agent here.
- You can also stay tuned for the latest casting calls for Chilling Adventures of Sabrina by signing up for our newsletter.