Here are six things you should never say to a casting directorAs you know, casting directors are the gatekeepers to your acting career, and with a social network, actors have even better chance to connect and talk to casting directors. The problem is many actors are clueless and often alienate casting directors. After talking to several casting directors, here is my list of things you should not ask or say to a casting director. Some are pretty insulting, and some are weird compliments but, try to avoid asking the following questions:
Things to NEVER say to a casting director:
- 1. How did you learn to do all of this?
- 2. No, when I complain about "casting directors," I don't mean you. You're a real casting director.
- 3. Let me know when you want me to audition for your project. No offense, but, you don't know enough about my acting abilities to tell me no.
- 4. You're a casting director, but you're not an a**hole like typical casting directors, you know?
- 5. I paid $500 for your acting classes. But, I still haven't had a single audition. I'm going to call my attorney to sue you.
- 6. I know where you live.
Why Actors Should Use Auditions to Scope Out Producers and Casting Directors Finding the right production company to work with can be just as crucial to your acting career as the performance you do. So,...
Learn how to improve your audition with these four easy acting audition tips One of the biggest and probably one of the most important parts of being an actor is going through the audition process...