A24 Films is now hiring people to work from home.Are you looking for a job in the entertainment industry? How about working from home? A24 Films is now hiring people to work from home and join their internship program.
A24 Films is an American film distribution, production, and finance company formed in 2012 by marketing and distribution veterans Daniel Katz, David Fenkel, and John Hodges.
Since 2019, the company received 25 Academy Award nominations. In 2106, films distributed by A24 won Academy Awards for Best Actress for Brie Larson’s work in Room, Best Documentary Feature for Amy and Best Visual Effects Ex Machina. Then in 2017, Moonlight won the Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor.
TV shows under A24’s umbrella include The Carmichael Show and Euphoria.
On November 15, 2018, A24 and Apple announced that they entered into a multi-year deal where A24 will create original films for Apple. While, this was not a first-look deal, meaning that A24 can continue to produce and acquire films to release outside of the deal, it wouldn't affect previous deals that A24 had signed with other companies. It is currently unknown if this lineup of films will have a theatrical release or be exclusive to Apple's Apple TV+ streaming service.A24 Films is now hiring. Check out the list of job opportunities below.
- Maintain department databases, calendars, and project lists
- Organize and process paperwork to support the production team
- Research local resources (ex: vendors, crew, locations, etc.) for various productions
- Responsible for updating the production calendar for projects as they evolve
- Coordinate and organize wrap deliverables from producers
- Research and check crew availabilities
- Research venues for various productions to leverage as writer’s rooms, production offices, post facilities, etc.
- Maintain production storage facilities
- Support production team with other ad hoc tasks
- Conduct and compile international research including, but not limited to: box office analysis, territory-specific industry trends, and competitive distribution landscape summaries
- Assist with film market coordination and scheduling for both the Toronto Film Festival and American Film Market
- Organize screenings for international distributors and handle screening link requests
- Compile press overviews of key reviews, quotes and reactions on a given film
- Track international festival interest and requests
- Support Head of International with scheduling, expenses, and ad hoc administrative tasks
- Research/sweep title-specific news coverage and online reactions, and format into all related docs (e.g. Reaction Memo, Press Breaks, Reviews).
- During festivals, breaks/reviews/reaction memo schedules pend festival screening schedules
- Connecting phone interviews for talent/filmmakers
- Screening reports
- Draft screening reports for specific titles and awards screenings
- Miscellaneous administrative duties
- Complete coverage on submitted materials, returning 2-3 reports per day
- Conduct project-specific research projects as needed
- Maintain talent lists and grids for entire department and specific projects
- Update internal database of submissions
- Participate in intern-only learning and development opportunities, screenings, and informational meetings