Casting Call: Indigenous Performers for CBC/APTWA Major Streaming Series
Job Description: We are excited to announce a casting call for Inuit and other Indigenous performers for an upcoming series to be streamed on CBC/APTWA. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a groundbreaking series that aims to authentically represent Indigenous stories and voices.
Storyline: The series revolves around a young Inuk mother striving to build a new future for herself in a small Arctic town where privacy is scarce and community ties are strong.
- NEEVEE (Series Lead): We are looking for a female performer, aged 40-55, of Inuit or Naskan Native descent (Yupik/Inupiaq/Iñupiat). The character Neevee has a resilient, take-no-prisoners attitude, embodying strength and determination in the face of adversity.
- Portray the character authentically and with depth, contributing to the overall narrative of the series.
- Collaborate with the director, writers, and other actors to bring the script to life.
- Attend rehearsals and perform during shooting as per the director’s guidance.
- Participate in promotional activities for the series as required.
- Indigenous background, specifically Inuit or Naskan Native (Yupik/Inupiaq/Iñupiat).
- Age range: 40-55 years (for the role of Neevee).
- Previous acting experience is not required, but a passion for storytelling and willingness to learn is essential.
- Ability to travel and stay in Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada for the duration of the shoot.
- This is a paid opportunity. Specific compensation details will be discussed upon selection.
- Travel and accommodation expenses will be fully covered for the duration of the shoot.