About the Team
The Lifestyle & Entertainments (L&E) Advertising Sales Team is primarily responsible for the monitisation of eight weekly print magazine brands and three websites. Many of these brands are iconic household names such as TV Times and Woman's Weekly and have enormous reach across the UK. We sell approximately 1.350m copies of these magazines per week and our digital brands have over 5m unique users per month in the UK alone.
The L&E brands provide a route to market for our clients to reach this substantial audience who we have dubbed “Heart of Britain”. These are the quietly powerful C1C2DE Women of the UK - all 14 million of them. Why is this important to our advertisers; They engage with our brands to give them trusted advice and have a total income and value to the economy of £350 billion. This is the primary USP of the L&E vertical.
The L&E vertical contributes a substantial revenue stream to Future Plc’s overall commercial advertising income with considerable scope for developing additional revenue via display, social and creative solutions
This will be a remote role but the successful candidate will need to be able to cover a patch primarily based around Manchester
As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for maximising commercial opportunities and generating advertising revenue from clients across our Lifestyle and Entertainments Vertical. You will be selling print, digital and creative solutions.
Your role will be a mixture of speaking to your clients on the phone, going to see them face to face, and regularly communicating with them via email. You will talk confidently about the vertical market you work in and be able to confidently pitch for business and hold a negotiation both over the phone and face to face.
By working with editorial, marketing, and other areas of the business, you will create bespoke ideas, and then pitch and sell these to your client base to generate increased revenues, to take revenue from our competitors or to gain new revenues from other budgets e.g PR. Increasing market share in print is important to our current strategy.
- To achieve your monthly revenue target
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Developing new business by identifying lapsed or new clients
- To manage and develop existing clients.
- To work towards generating YOY revenue growth
- Responsibility for ensuring delivery of role objectives and rev targets.
- Yield Management. Ensure you are driving the best possible yields from your clients and maximising where possible, best market share position, forward booking series, upselling and gaining long term business
What do I need to succeed?
- You will be required to have a strong work ethic at all times and a willingness to learn and to embrace and demonstrate our values. As a sales person it is important to have a ‘let’s do this’ attitude and to row the boat
- You will need to be tenacious, commercially minded and revenue driven with strong communication skills, both internally and externally.
- Display an ability to think creatively when structuring mutually beneficial trading deals with our agencies and clients
- Existing media agency relationships are important plus the ability to grow your own network within the London media market.
- An understanding of the current media landscape and where Future sits and the opportunities that brings to our clients
- A willingness to learn in terms of brands, skills and media channels
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
- Unlimited Holiday - You read that right! We trust you to manage your workload and time
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Our Future, Our Responsibility - Inclusion and Diversity at Future
We have a voice and we’re going to use it. We promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do. We’re an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process is free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respecting of all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values and employees - current and future - are treated with respect and fairness. Find out more about Our Future, Our Responsibility on our website.
... see more