Creative Producer / Project Manager Job Summary:
We are looking for a Creative Producer / Project Manager to join a global communications firm. This role will be the common thread on creative projects, working closely with account managers, planners, researchers, analysts, designers, copywriters, social media strategists and others. Creative Producers / Project Managers define and monitor scopes, budgets, workplans, milestones and timelines, as well as manage end-to-end production of deliverables. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and time management skills, excellent communications and tenacious problem-solving abilities. While this is a senior position, it is very much a hands-on role working closely with creative teams as well as the account teams.
Creative Producer / Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously, working directly with account and creative teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Develop and oversee project workplans, schedules, budgets and key communications to ensure the creative team and other key team members are fully briefed.
- Determine all facets of the project to inform the creation of clear and detailed project briefs for the Creative team—answering all internal and external questions pertinent to the project.
- Monitor and track the project; produce and distribute status tracking reports, provide proactive recommendations to ensure projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget. Ensure agreed next steps are understood and completed.
- Lead production of deliverables for print, digital, video and paid media assets (banners, social assets, etc.)
- Manage communication and approvals between creative and account teams—ensure project handoffs are thorough and clear.
- Manage and mitigate day-to-day problems, understand when (and why) to escalate issues, and ensure strong and effective communications in difficult and time-sensitive situations.
- Build strong working relationships with internal and client team members, establishing a role as a trusted resource and advisor.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other producers to develop consistent management practices and ensure effective support for creative teams.
- Thoroughly QA all creative work product to ensure error-free deliverables.
Creative Producer / Project Manager Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of project management and production experience, preferably in a fast-paced agency environment, managing multiple creative projects simultaneously.
- Outstanding attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, quick, assertive, measured, calm and collaborative.
- Thorough understanding of creative process, brand standards, and print and digital deliverables.
- Extensive experience in development of workplans, budgets and production schedules for print, digital, web and video.
- Deep knowledge of production for print, digital, web and video.
- Experiential activation and influencer experience a plus.
- Understanding of archival and asset management, and thorough knowledge of required file type by asset (print, video, digital, etc.).
- Knowledge of abilities and limitations of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (specifically InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Premiere).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with oversight and management of third-party relationships, including print, media, photography and video vendors.