AT&T Film Awards 2019 is now accepting submissions for their short film contest.As AT&T describes, "The AT&T Film Awards recognizes aspiring creators who are shaping the future of entertainment through innovative and immersive filmmaking while sharing their unique stories. We are supporting and rewarding excellence in filmmaking with $60,000 in cash prizes, including a trip to the AT&T Film Awards finale session at Warner Bros. Studios in June for each of the category winners, mentoring, and a chance to take home the coveted AT&T Film Awards trophy." Now in their 6th year, the competition will give a platform for emerging creators from around the United States. Awards will be given for short films shot on mobile devices, new forms of storytelling including virtual reality, 360 Cinemativ Videos and other creative content, futuristic-themed films, social good-themed films, and a special category for underrepresented voices. Submissions will be due on May 5, 2019 and there is no cost to enter.
CATEGORIES & PRIZES
- BEST SHORT FILM: SHOT ON MOBILE Winner - $10,000 USD Runner-ups - $2,500 USD each (two runner-up prizes)
- NEW FORMS OF STORYTELLING Winner - $10,000 USD Runner-ups - $2,500 USD each (two runner-up prizes)
- FUTURISTIC FILMS Winner - $10,000 USD Runner-ups - $2,500 USD each (two runner-up prizes)
- SOCIAL GOOD Winner - $5,000 USD Runner-ups - $2,500 USD each (two runner-up prizes)
- UNDERREPRESENTED FILMMAKER AWARD Winner - $5,000 USD
Jordan Peele shares amazing tips for aspiring writers and filmmakers Jordan Peele is dedicated to his craft. “Get Out” was a hit movie in 2017 and “Us” has dominated the 2019 box offices. Peele started his...
Learn how to get a talent agent to represent you as an actor. So you want to become an actor? Well as we pointed out in our guide to how to become an actor, you...
NBC is looking for aspiring actors and writers for the Second City Emerging Voices Scholarship Are you an aspiring comedian, actor or writer? NBC's Second City Emerging Voices Scholarship is giving three scholarships to help...