Entertainment NewsCelebrities'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Dog Nearly Dies in Atlanta After Eating...

‘Guardians of the Galaxy 2’ Dog Nearly Dies in Atlanta After Eating Weed Edibles


Guardians of the Galaxy 2 director, James Gunn, nearly lost his dog after it ate weed chocolate beans.

The director of the latest Marvel movie, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, nearly lost his best friend. James Gunn shared a scary tale of how his dog nearly died after eating marijuana-infused coffee beans. And if it were not for the South Atlanta Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center, his best friend may have not survived.

“The night before I was supposed to leave Atlanta, my dog Von Spears went into seizures,” wrote in a post on his official, public Facebook page. “He started walking in circles and falling and twitching arrhythmically, as if he had lost all neurological function. I was terrified – my dog is everything to me.”

According to the AJC, James Gunn does not drink or take drugs so, when the vet asked “has your dog been around any marijuana or marijuana-type-stuff?,” He was surprised.

Gunn revealed that his assistant’s ex-girlfriend “had left some edibles – weed-infused chocolate coffee beans – in his nightstand,” which the dog later ate.

The entire experience had Gunn in tears. “When the tech told me that he was probably going to be fine, I broke down in tears,” Gunn wrote. “The clinic had to keep watch on him for 24 hours, pumping him with fluids, but he was fine when he got out. Better than fine, really – he was playful as a puppy with all those life-enriching fluids.”

Gunn’s story ended up having a happy ending and he hopes it’s a lesson to all other animal lovers.

“In sharing this story with friends afterwards, I discovered nearly everyone I know has a story about a dog getting into edibles. Dogs that go into seizures like mine, dogs that walk around for days on end stoned and confused and unhappy, and even some dogs that have died due to large doses. It’s incredibly common, and yet I had never heard about it,” he wrote.

“So, just, whether you partake in edibles or your friends do, be a little more careful with keeping them in a safe place if you have pets. Probably babies too,” he added. “If pets OR kids are ever around your home, keep your edibles safely stashed away. If not, then leave them out lying wherever you want. Hope you have a great day.”


What do you think? Share with us your thoughts in the comments below.

Megan Diane
Megan Dianehttps://www.projectcasting.com
Hi, I'm Megan Browne, the Head of Partnerships at Project Casting - a job board for the entertainment industry. As Head of Partnerships, I help businesses find the best talent for their influencer campaigns, photo shoots, and film productions. Creating these partnerships has enabled me to help businesses scale and reach their true potential. I'm excited to continue driving growth by connecting people with projects they're passionate about.

Share post:



More like this

The Controversy Surrounding Netflix’s Good Times Reboot and the Creators’ Response

Netflix's Good Times reboot has certainly stirred up some...

Is This ‘Bluey’s Last Episode?

If you are a parent of a young child...

When Does ‘All American’ Season 6 Episode 3 Come Out?

The popular TV drama series, All American, has gripped...

Jesse Plemons’ Unplanned Appearance in ‘Civil War’ is Amazing

When it comes to the realm of cinema, serendipity...