Michael Jackson - LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Exact date unknown - circa 1990 - Michael Jackson arriving at a celebrity event
Forbes just revealed its list of the highest-paid dead celebrities of 2016.
According to the report, it turns out that Michael Jackson is the top earner, raking in $825 million for the year. How come? For one, there was a major sale in March of Michael Jackson's half of the Sony/ATV music publishing catalog. That includes the sale of the Beatles music works and is valued at $750 million.
Also included in the list are music legends John Lennon (bringing in $12 million USD), Prince (totaling $25 million USD), and Elvis Presley (at $27 million USD). Non musical celebrities also consisted of Albert Einstein, Theador Geiel “Dr. Seuss,” and Charlz Schulz.
See the the top 10 list below.
10. Bettie Page – $11 million
9. Albert Einstein – $11.5 million
8. John Lennon – $12 million
7. Theador Geiel “Dr. Seuss” – $20 million
6. Bob Marley – $21 million
5. Prince – $25 million
4. Elvis Presley – $27 million
3. Arnold Palmer – $40 million
2. Charles Schulz – $48 million
1. Michael Jackson – $825 million
What do you think? Discuss this story with fellow
Project Casting fans on Facebook. On Twitter, follow us at @projectcasting.