NBC's 'Chicago Fire' seeks Latino male stand-in for leading actor: A unique opportunity in Chicago, IL.
NBC's acclaimed series 'Chicago Fire' offers a unique opportunity for a Latino male to join their dynamic team as a stand-in for one of the main actors. This role is not just about being a body double; it's about playing a crucial part in filmmaking. The selected individual will work intimately with the director and crew to ensure that everything from lighting to camera blocking is perfectly orchestrated.
As a stand-in, the individual will be responsible for replicating the actor's positioning, movements, and lighting setups. This is a pivotal task that requires attention to detail and the ability to follow directions accurately. The stand-in will be integral to the technical preparations, helping the crew visualize scenes before the actors step in.
The ideal candidate should meet specific physical requirements: Latino ethnicity, male, between 5'10" and 6'1" in height, weighing between 190 to 235 lbs, and preferably bald and clean-shaven. The age range is broad, welcoming applicants in their 20s to 50s. Moreover, availability is critical. The candidate must be available from November 27, 2023, through early May 2024, including a mandatory meeting on November 22, 2023. Being local to Chicago or able to commute is a must.
Previous experience as a stand-in or extra is optional but optional. This opens the door for newcomers looking to taste the film industry. The key is a professional attitude and a commitment to the role.
The compensation package is attractive. The stand-in will receive $172 for an 8-hour workday, with time and a half for hours worked beyond that. Given the nature of film production, a typical day could extend to 12 hours or more. But it's not all work; a complimentary lunch and a one-week break during the Christmas period are provided.
This isn't just another job; it's a chance to be part of the magic that creates the beloved 'Chicago Fire' series. For those who fit the criteria, it's an opportunity not to be missed – a chance to witness and contribute to the art of filmmaking while working alongside talented professionals in the industry.
How to apply?
Check out the casting call breakdown below to audition for a role in the upcoming casting call.
NBC 'Chicago Fire' C-Stand-In Casting Call
Job Details: We are seeking a dedicated and professional Latino male stand-in for one of our leading actors for an upcoming filming project. This role is essential for helping with lighting and camera block on set.
- Work closely with the director and crew to replicate the actor's positioning, movements, and lighting setups.
- Be available for the entire filming duration to assist with technical preparations.
- Attend all required meetings, rehearsals, and filming sessions.
- Follow directions precisely to ensure consistency and efficiency during shoots.
- Ethnicity: Latino
- Gender: Male
- Height: Between 5'10" and 6'1"
- Weight: Between 190 to 235 lbs
- Age: 20s to 50s
- Appearance: Bald and clean-shaven
- Availability from November 27, 2023, through early May 2024, including a mandatory meeting on November 22, 2023.
- Must be local to the Chicago area or able to commute from surrounding border states.
- Previous stand-in or extra work experience is optional but optional.
- $172 for an 8-hour workday.
- Time and a half pay for hours worked beyond 8 hours per day.
- We typically film for 12 hours a day, sometimes longer.
- A complimentary lunch will be provided.
- One-week break during the Christmas period.
Interested? Apply Now!
You deserve to get discovered. Find more jobs, networking opportunities, and resources on Project Casting.