Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking New York City actors, ages 18 to 45 years old to play 1960s Apollo Theatergoers on the new Epix series Godfather of Harlem. Filming will shoot on Friday, January 18th with a wardrobe fitting sometime between January 14th through the 17th in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Producers are looking for Tri-State area actors only and talents must have full day availability for the shoot date Friday 1/18. There is a possibility of a late morning call time, may shoot into nighttime hours.
Casting directors are looking for male actors who are okay getting 1960s hair and being clean shaven on the day of work. Women must have natural hair and nails on shoot date. All must be okay working around atmospheric smoke. No wool allergies. No visible tattoos. This scene is interior and exterior, current season wardrobe.
About Godfather of Harlem:
Forest Whitaker will star in the EPIX series Godfather of Harlem. According to Variety, “The series is titled “Godfather of Harlem.” It will tell the true story of crime boss Bumpy Johnson (Whitaker), who in the early 1960s returned after 10 years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles. With the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy takes on the Genovese crime family to regain control. During the brutal battle, he forms an alliance with radical preacher Malcolm X, catching his political rise in the crosshairs of social upheaval and a mob war that threatens to tear the city apart.”
How to audition?
To audition for a role on Godfather of Harlem, check out the casting call breakdown below.
Godfather of Harlem Casting Call
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking SAG-AFTRA and NON UNION African American and Caucasian Men and Women, ages 18-45 to portray 1960s Apollo Theater goers on the new Epix series GODFATHER OF HARLEM!
Scene will film on FRIDAY 1/18 with a wardrobe fitting sometime 1/14-1/17 in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. Tri-state area locals only. Must have full day availability for the shoot date Friday 1/18. Late morning call time, may shoot into night time hours.
Men must be okay getting 1960s hair and being clean shaven on the day of work. Women must have natural hair and nails on shoot date. All must be okay working around atmospheric smoke. No wool allergies. No visible tattoos. This scene is interior and exterior, current season wardrobe.
If interested and available, please email [email protected] with the following information:
1. YOUR NAME
3. SAG-AFTRA or NON UNION
4. Wardrobe sizes (men: height, weight, jacket. neck, sleeve, waist, inseam, shoe. women: height, weight, bust, waist, hips, dress, shoe)
5. please note what form of id(s) you can bring to set to fill out an I9
6. have you worked on the project before, if so when and as what?
7. avail for Friday 1/18?
8. Men- are you avail getting a 1960s haircut?
9. Men- are you okay being clean shaven?
10. Women- do you have natural hair and natural nails?
11. Everyone- do you have any visible tattoos?
12. Everyone- please confirm you are local to the tristate area?
13. Everyone- please confirm you are okay with interior and exterior work, current season wardrobe.
14. Please attach current, non professional candid photos. (no filters, no silly faces please)
***subject line should say "FACEBOOK APOLLO"