Where is Netflix’s Stranger Things filmed?
- Stranger Things 4 filmed in Atlanta, Georgia.
Stranger Things’ filming locations include the following:
- Emory University, which was the filming location for Hawkins National Laboratory
- East Point First Baptist Church, which is the filming location for Hawkins General Hospital
- 45 Pray Street in Douglasville, Georgia was the filming location for the Hawkins Police Station
- Starcourt Mall filmed at Gwinnett Place Mall near Duluth, Georgia.
- Hawkins Middle School and Hawkins High School filmed at 109 South Lee Street in Stockbridge, Georgia
- Butts County Probate Court was the filming location for Stranger Things’ Public Library
- Restaurant Tiffany’s Kitchen in Lithia Springs was the filming location for Benny’s Burgers in the show.
- Stone Mountain Park was the filming location for many of the forest and woods scenes
- Properties near East Point’s Piney Wood Drive were used as the homes for many of the Stranger Things’ families
- Interior shots were filmed at a studio lot at EUE Screen Gems Studios in Atlanta
About Netflix’s Stranger Things:
In the Netflix series, Stranger Things, a family and town are rocked after a 12-year-old boy; Will goes missing. His mother, Joyce, siblings, and friends continue to seek answers, along with the town’s chief of police. Will’s best friend, Mike, is mainly determined to save his friend, and along the way, he encounters a girl with unique abilities and gets help from Dustin and Lucas. Supernatural forces come into play as a mystery involving top-secret experiments unravels.
There were dozens of casting calls looking for kids and teen actors to work on the hit Netflix series as it filmed throughout North Georgia. To audition for a role on Stranger Things, check out the casting call and acting audition guide here.
Production for ‘Stranger Things 4’ will film under the working title “Tareco,” according to reports, and will shoot from January 2020 through to August 2020.