As the world continues to remain in quarantine due to the Coronavirus pandemic, millions of people are watching more and more content online. In fact, research has shown streaming increased by 50% in mid-March as the quarantine took effect.
Luckily, streaming platforms are understanding the stress this is putting on people and are providing free content through youtube.
Netflix on YouTube
Netflix added a generous offering of free content on their YouTube channel. While popular shows like ‘Stranger Things‘ or ‘Tiger King‘ are not on the list, some of Netflix’s popular documentaries and educational series are now available.
Netflix could be using this is as an opportunity to attract new subscribers with free content. It could also be something the platform is testing by sharing free content from time to time to get the buzz going around Netflix. Currently, it is an opportunity for others tow catch new shows while social distancing.
Take a look at the full Netflix shows available on YouTube now below, then visit the dedicated channel to watch them:
- Our Planet – Experience our planet’s natural beauty and examine how climate change impacts all living creatures in this ambitious documentary of spectacular scope.
- Period. – In rural India, where the stigma of menstruation persists, women make low-cost sanitary pads on a new machine and stride toward financial independence.
- Chasing Coral – Divers, scientists and photographers around the world mount an epic underwater campaign to document the disappearance of coral reefs.
- 13th – In this thought-provoking documentary, scholars, activists and politicians analyze the criminalization of African Americans and the U.S. prison boom.
- Knock Down the House – Go behind the scenes as four determined women — including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez — challenge big-money politicians in the 2018 race for Congress.
- The White Helmets – As daily airstrikes pound civilian targets in Syria, a group of indomitable first responders risk their lives to rescue victims from the rubble.
- Zion – Born without legs and stuck in foster care for years, teen Zion Clark finds his calling when he pursues competitive wrestling. A documentary short.
- Explained – This enlightening series from Vox digs into a wide range of topics such as the rise of cryptocurrency, why diets fail, and the wild world of K-pop.
- Abstract: The Art of Design – Step inside the minds of the most innovative designers in a variety of disciplines and learn how design impacts every aspect of life.
- Babies – From nature to nurture, this docuseries explores the groundbreaking science that reveals how infants discover life during their very first year.
MTV on YouTube
In relevant news, MTV has released episodes of MTV Cribs and Ashton Kutcher’s Punkd on their MTV Vaults page. Some episodes include Snoop Dogg, Jackass, and 50 Cent Cribs episodes. MTV’s choice to bring back old episodes comes at a time when quarantine marathons have become an easy way to social distance
More Project Casting Entertainment news: