Filmiami is a cooperation between the two Greater Miami Film Offices: Miami-Dade County, and the City of Miami Beach and several County municipalities to offer a one-stop permitting system. Filmiami, recently posted a series of hiring opportunities in the Miami Area.
Production Hiring Notice
SEEKING VIDEOGRAPHER for New World Symphony
LOCATION: Boca Raton
POSITION TITLE: Videographer
DEPARTMENT: Artistic Programs
SUPERVISOR: Director of Video Production
SUPERVISES: Not applicable
Founded in 1988 by Artistic Director Michael Tilson Thomas, the New World Symphony, America’s Orchestral Academy, is a dynamic, internationally recognized post-graduate educational institution with a mission to prepare gifted graduates of top music schools for leadership roles in orchestras and ensembles around the world. NWS fellows are challenged by a demanding course of practical training, performances and instructional activities intended to develop the full complement of skills and qualifications required of musicians in the 21st century. The three-year fellowship program offers a wide range of performance and educational opportunities in both domestic and international venues. The New World Symphony’s success may be measured in part by the careers of its hundreds of alumni who have attained positions with professional orchestras and ensembles throughout America and around the world.
During the 2010-11 season, the New World Symphony inaugurated its new Frank Gehry-designed campus—a laboratory for the way classical music is taught, presented and experienced—in the heart of Miami Beach’s Art Deco district. A highlight of the new campus is its unprecedented integration of technology into educational, rehearsal and performance spaces. An iconic concert auditorium features a nearly 360-degree projected video and lighting capability; a large additional complement of theatrical lighting; nine robotic cameras and an HD media suite; and top-of-the-line audio recording and sound reinforcement equipment. The campus also includes seven video, lighting and audio design and post-production studios. The successful applicant for this position will join a 14-member team (specific to concert operations and to video, lighting and audio production) in producing media-rich performances for live audiences, for webcast, and for live simulcast (WALLCAST™) onto the building’s exterior projection façade, the largest permanent projection surface in North America. In addition, the successful applicant will participate in the production of the New World Symphony’s numerous educational initiatives, including distance-learning projects via Internet2 and the development of the organization’s virtual library, an online source of information and reference for music students and classical music enthusiasts around the world. Some articles about the new building and its opening can be found here: www.nws.edu
Proficiency in Final Cut Studio (Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, Color, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro), Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop; experience with setup and lighting of single-camera and multi-camera shoots, both in-studio and on location; experience with Sony HD cameras (card-based); proficiency in Mac OS; experience with lighting for video and audio-recording for video; ability to interact effectively as a team player with a variety of personalities; good written and oral communication skills; attention to detail and quality; ability to handle numerous tasks simultaneously in a demanding, multi-activity work environment; proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and database usage
Preferred Additional Qualifications
Experience with latest-technology broadcast video equipment, including Grass Valley switching consoles, Telemetrics robotic cameras, Compix Character Generators and Yamaha mixing consoles; understanding of the fundamentals of video streaming and compression methods and formats; experience with projectors and media servers; ability to read music and follow musical scores; rudimentary familiarity with classical orchestral and chamber music
• As assigned, video-record and post-produce selected educational and artistic events; coordinate recordings with production staff as necessary
• As assigned, video-record and post-produce interviews with selected visiting conductors, soloists, composers, coaches, other faculty and alumni
• Work at any assigned position (e.g., robotic camera operation, titling, switching, etc.) in the production control room during webcasts, WALLCASTS™, archival concert recordings, and activities transmitted externally and internally via broadband (Internet2) held or produced in auditorium or SunTrust Pavilion
• As assigned, work under the direction of the Director of Video Production and/or Associate Director of Video Production in creating institutional and marketing videos
• As assigned, assist in editing and archiving existing and newly produced artistic, educational, institutional and other videos
• As assigned, work with the Director of Video Production in creating and running projection content for both the interior and exterior projection systems
• As assigned, copy institutional and archival DVDs
• Perform other video-related and motion graphics-related duties as assigned
Negotiable subject to budgetary parameters. Extensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance; paid vacation, personal, sick and designated holiday leave; employer-matched 401k plan; parking privileges.
E-mail cover letter, resume and links to online work samples by May 23, 2013 to Clyde Scott, Director of Video Production, New World Symphony at [email protected]. No phone calls, please.