STAR K9 is currently looking for new animal talent from the Atlanta area. Do you have a STAR living with you? If so, they would love to hear from you. They will PAY YOU MONEY only if your animal is used in one of their projects.
It’s a win-win – you get money and your animal gets to be a star!
DOGS must have the following:
- Up-to-date on all vaccinations and be in excellent health
- Friendly, outgoing and confident
- Must do basic obedience commands OFF-LEASH, away from home and in distracting situations.
- Dogs should be comfortable in strange environments that include bright lights, loud noises, large groups of people, moving vehicles, slippery floors, confined areas, etc.
- Animals that show aggression (unless trained for on cue) will not be accepted.
Tricks are not required but are considered a bonus and certain behaviors such as holding an object (while staying) on command, speaking, going to a mark and going with talent on command will all increase your chances of your dog being selected.
CATS must have the following:
- Be in excellent health
- Friendly and people oriented
- Be comfortable away from home and in distracting environments that include cameras, bright lights, loud noises, strangers, slippery floors, confined areas, etc.
- They do not necessarily have to do commands but must not be spooked around strange people, cameras and equipment.
Any training will GREATLY increases your chances of getting work. If you have a food motivated cat and can train it to come to a buzzer/clicker or teach it to sit and stay in one spot…we want you!
OTHERS ANIMALS. If you have a talented or unusual animal that is not a cat or dog we would love to hear from you. This includes any type of animal – farm animals, reptiles, bugs, rodents, exotic, etc.
- Please submit the following information and label it “NEW STAR”. Email information to [email protected].
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Addres
- Pet’s Name
- Type and Age of Pet
- Brief Description of Your Pet (commands, certifications, personality, etc.)
- Brief Description of Your Handling Skills (years, certifications, animals trained, etc.)
- SIX Pictures – TWO Head Shots and FOUR Shots that highlight your pet’s personality, unique look or special talent. Picture should ideally by only your pet. If you must be in the picture, the picture should focus on your pet. Send pictures as individual attachments. Pictures should be clear, good quality.