Now Casting Tattoo Artists for Season 3 of Spike TV's Ink Master!They are in search of highly skilled tattoo artists from across the country! In this exciting series, highly skilled tattoo artists from around the country will compete in a high stakes competition for the chance to win a $100,000 cash prize and the coveted title of Ink Master. If you have the creativity, artistic skills and personality to impress the judges then they want to meet you!
LA Open Casting Call Date: 1.11.13 Time: 10am- 2pm Location: Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel 2500 Hollywood Way Burbank, CA 91505 Atlanta Open Casting Call Date: 1.18.13 Time: 10am- 2pm Location: W Atlanta Midtown 188 14th Street NE Atlanta, GA 30361 Chicago Open Casting Call Date: 1.25.13 Time: 10am- 2pm Location: The Westin Michigan Avenue 909 N. Michigan Avenue Chicago, IL 60611 NYC Open Casting Call Date: 1.31.13 Time: 10am- 2pm Location: Social Bar 795 8th Avenue (b/w 48th & 49th st) New York, NY 10019 If you are unable to make it to the Open Casting Calls you can submit a home video.
Spike TV's Ink Master Season 3 Tattoo Artist Home Video Tips and Suggestions:
- Please submit a home video- no longer than 3 minutes.
- We want to see your personality from the moment you start. What makes you unique?
- Introduce yourself (name, occupation, current location etc.).
- Talk about your art and tattoo background (How long have you been tattooing? How'd you get started? What are other art fields have you worked in? What inspired you? Schooling?)
- Sum up your tattooing style in one sentence and then feel free to explain it in further detail.
- What do you love about being a tattoo artist? Why is it your passion?
- Talk about one of your favorite tattoo artists. Tell us how that person has influenced you.
- Tell us why you want to prove to the world that you are an Ink Master and why you think you will win.
- Show us a part of your life. What is important to you? You do not need to show yourself tattooing anyone. We want to hear you talking throughout the entire tape.
- Try not to be more than 10 feet from the camera, as the sound will be too faint.
- Have someone other than yourself run the camera. Make sure its someone with whom you feel very comfortable and who knows how to operate a video camera. Do a test run and make sure you are recording clear video AND audio.
- Avoid being backlit- you should never have a video or bright light behind you, but we do suggest opening the blinds to fill the room with light.
- Turn off anything that makes a sound or will be distracting (ex. TV, radio, music, air conditioning, ceiling fans or heating units, people that are talking in the background)
- Do not chew gum or have candy in your mouth.
- Do not wear clothing with any visible trademarks, logos or other copyrighted material.
- Please email your completed video to: [email protected]
- Please upload your 3-minute home video submission to Vimeo or Youtube and then email your video link to [email protected] along with the following materials:
A completed Tattoo Artist participant application
- Two (2) recent photographs of yourself (each clearly labeled with your name- i.e. firstlast1, firstlast2)
- A minimum of ten (10) examples of your work or a link to your website (clearly labeled, if attached)
- One (1) legible photocopy of EITHER (1) your passport; OR (2) your drivers license; OR (3) your state ID card, clearly labeled