Ford Models agency is now seeking new talent
The Ford Modeling Agency, or as it is known today Ford Models, is a modeling agency in New York City. It was established in 1946 by Eileen and the late Gerard W. Ford.
Ford Models was originally started in 1946 by both Eileen and Gerard W. “Jerry” Ford. Back then, Ford was the very first company to really advance their models money owed by jobs that had been completed but not yet paid. Did you know that the Ford family had the tradition of allowing teenage models who originate far from New York City to stay in their home?
The company was the pre-eminent New York agency until John Casablancas of Elite Model Management opened up in the city, leading to the “model wars” of the 1980s. Ford, like many of the original agencies of the 1970s, now has to compete with a broad field of contenders, such as Women, IMG and DNA.
The agency has represented a diverse list of models and celebrities. In 1980, the company established the Ford Supermodel of the World Contest that attracts more than 60,000 hopefuls annually from around the world.
In recent years the company has diversified into other professions related to the fashion industry through Ford Artists. They represent hair stylists, makeup artists, manicurists, stylists, set designers, prop stylists, art directors, and photographers.
In addition to the New York City headquarters, Ford Artists has offices in, Miami, Chicago, Phoenix, and Toronto.
FORD holds open calls in Chicago from 2 pm to 4 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Fridays during the Summer, when the agency closes at 1pm). At the moment, we do not hold open calls at any other location, and we kindly ask you to submit your application via this form.FORD’s Tips to Getting Scouted: Professional model scouts are looking for something different than you might expect. We don’t want to see you in your fanciest outfit with lots of makeup on. We are looking for you at your most natural.
FORD’s Tips for Being Scouted:
- Have a clean face with absolutely no makeup.
- Pull your hair back.
- Wear a form-fitting outfit like skinny jeans and a tank top. We need to see the shape of your body.
Recruitment Warning: Please be aware that there are individuals on the internet falsely claiming to be representatives of FORD Models.
Please note the following:
- You should never pay to attend a casting.
- You should never share photos in the nude or in lingerie.
- All FORD Models representatives correspond via email domains that end with fordmodels.com. If you are contacted by anyone claiming to be a representative of FORD Models, do not respond without first verifying their identity by promptly calling us directly at (212) 219-6500 and we’ll be happy to assist you.
- You should always verify the identity of individuals who host castings through the FORD Models casting platform.