American Black Film Festival 2016 is looking for your web series and feature films.
The American Black Film Festival (ABFF) is a five day event that is focused on showcasing quality movies by and about people American black people. The mission of the ABFF is to provide a playform for new Black talent to appear in front of Hollywood’s biggest movers and shakers. In addition, the ABFF provides opportunities for Black people in front and behind the camera and is currently seen as the nation’s largest gathering of Black film and TV enthusiasts.
Each year the ABFF holds several screening committees to evaluate the year’s film submissions based on the following criteria:
World Premiere Status/Limited Screening History Preferred
Artistic and Technical Merit (script, direction, acting, production value, uniqueness etc.)
About the American Black Film Festival:
Since the ABFF first started the program has provided a platform for more than 850 narrative feature films, documentaries, short films and web series. In fact, veteran producer Will Packer (Ride Along) and Creed’s Ryan Coogler all started their careers at the American Black Film Festival.
But, there’s more to the American Black Film Festival such as acting classes, workshops, and production network meetings.
Committed to the belief that Black content creators and artists deserve the same opportunities as their mainstream counterparts, ABFF founder Jeff Friday conceived the festival in 1997 as a vehicle to promote diversity in the film and television industry.
Since its inception, the ABFFs film program has provided a platform for more than 850 narrative feature films, documentaries, shorts and web originals, offering a consistent means to reward and encourage artistic excellence. Alumni success stories range from veteran producer Will Packer (Ride Along) to writer/director Ryan Coogler (Creed, Fruitvale Station) testimony to the festivals mission to introduce and connect talented newcomers to the industry-at-large.
How to submit your Feature Film to the ABFF:
– Electronic Press Kit inclusive of film’s synopsis, key crew bios etc.
– Upload Film online via Withoutabox only
– Entry fee payment
Narrative Features – minimum of 72 minutes
Documentaries – minimum of 45 minutes
Web Originals – maximum of 10 minutes in length
– Films/Web Originals must have been completed post January 1, 2015
– Films/Web Originals must be written, produced or directed by a person of African descent, feature a person of African descent in a leading role
– Films/Web Originals must not have had any commercial theatrical or television play or broadcast on the internet and must not have distribution
– Films/Web Originals in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for festival presentation
For more details and how to submit Click Here!