Are you looking for a job? Were you affected by the Coronavirus related Hollywood shutdown? If so, this opportunity is for you.
Pokémon Company International is now hiring an associate video editor to help the video editorial team with creating dynamic content to promote Pokémon video games.
“The associate video editor will support the video editorial team in creating dynamic video content to promote Pokémon video games, applications, the trading card game and the animated series and movies. This role will primarily be responsible for video localization for non-English videos as well as versioning, compression and delivery to various distribution platforms. The associate video editor will also support all aspects of video editorial as needed with tasks ranging from assignment of English text translation from localization teams, preparation of footage and clips, scripting review and support, motion graphics support, sound editing and mixing and video quality control.”
- Create 4 or more localized versions of each English language video
- Acquire and utilize localized game / animation footage, b-roll, screenshots, illustrations and music as needed
- Manage translation request process from the text editorial team
- Insert translated graphical text and logos into videos, preserving layout and aesthetic of English versions
- Lay in subtitles or create subtitle files as needed
- Lay in localized audio and mix sound as needed
- Support editors and producers with voiceover recording sessions as needed
- Work with video editorial team and stakeholders to prioritize tasks and assignments
- Work with video editorial team and stakeholders to gather and document project requirements and review progress at all stages from pre-production through delivery
- Work with video editorial team to brainstorm and conceptualize concepts for videos
- Work with live action team as-needed to support studio and live-action production, editing and localization
How You Will Be Successful
- Results-Driven: Working toward goals and the success of the team gets you out of bed in the morning.
- Communication: You can clearly articulate project needs and status to stakeholders.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve tasks with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to the process. You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to accomplishing your work.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together.
- Collaborative & Team-Oriented: You thrive on working with others and contributing to the overall success of the team.
Click here to apply