‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ resumes production after COVID-19 shutdown.
(Update: July 12, 2020) Universal Pictures’ “Jurassic World: Dominion” has started filming this week in the United Kingdom with the studio calling out a press report of a production shutdown after a crew member reportedly tested positive to COVID-19.
“Any reports indicating that Jurassic World: Dominion has halted production are categorically untrue,” said a Universal spokesperson. “The production is in its fifth day of shooting today, and we’re thrilled to be back in front of the camera on this incredible project.”
Multiple news outlets reported on Friday that several crew members tested positive after production resumed on July 6th at Pinewood Studios. Pre-production on the big-budget sequel was halted in March due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ was four weeks into production when filming shutdown. Universal started implementing new safety procedures to keep the set at Pinewood Studios Coronavirus free. The costs of these safety measures will cost reportedly an extra $5 million in production costs.
‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ is the sixth movie in the 27th-year-old franchise. The movie stars Chris Pratt reprising the role of Owen Grady. Bryce Dallas Howard returns s Claire Dearing. The sequel will also see Sam Neill, Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum, Justice Smith, and BD Wong. Colin Trevorrow will direct the movie.
(Original Post: June 16, 2020) Nearly three months after the Coronavirus COVID-19 forced productions worldwide to shut down, the film industry is slowly reopening. ‘Jurassic World: Dominion’ is the first major feature film to resume production.
The movie stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard and is the third movie in the ‘Jurassic Park’ reboot. Filming will start on July 6 at Pinewood Studios in England. Like other productions, it was shut down in mid-March, four weeks into a 20-week shooting schedule.
Universal Pictures is producing the movie and clarified strict guidelines that will be created to ensure filming follows safety guidelines for the cast and crew. These new guidelines include an on-site medical team, hand-sanitizer stations, and training for cast and crew. Masks will be mandatory for everyone actors besides cabers when they are performing. Moreover, anyone showing symptoms of the virus will be immediately isolated before being sent home. Speaking to Deadline, a production executive associated with the film said, “We want to make sure that we are going above and beyond the national protocols to create a safe environment. Cost isn’t our main concern now: it’s safety.”
Since the U.K. government gave their permission for companies to resume filming last month, studios are working on how to continue while abiding by the health and safety guidelines.
To resume production the series will be returning with new safety protocols. According to reports, CBS hired an on-set coordinator to oversee the safety for the entire cast and crew. Other precautions include the following:
- Cast and crew will be required to wear masks when they are not on camera
- Scripts are rewritten to a slow for staggering the number of people on set
- Everyone will be regularly tested
More Project Casting Entertainment News:
‘Jurassic World 3’ Starring Chris Pratt Open Casting Call – ‘Jurassic World 3’ is now casting extras. According to reports, an open casting call has been made for extras needed for Jurassic World 3, the next installment of the franchise. The next film in the Jurassic Park…