The Coronavirus COVID-19 is destroying jobs, livelihoods, and communities. As a result, millions of Americans are turning to news outlets they trust for updates, information, and resources to protect themselves in this new era of viral infections. One such news source is CNN and the company is now hiring production assistants.
As we previously reported, over 100,000 crew members lost their jobs and hundreds of thousands of aspiring actors are out of work due to the Hollywood shutdown. Now, CNN is hiring Production Assistants for their CNN office in Atlanta, Georgia.
As CNN describes themselves, “We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.”
CNN Production Assistant Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Programming live event channels to ensure CNN affiliates have breaking news, planned events and bump shots for their broadcast and digital platforms
- Responding to affiliate requests for CNN resources
- Advertising our live shots to our affiliates and promoting our various products
- This position also includes basic editing and general field production
Requirements include the following:
- 1-2 years newsroom experience
- Experience in local news is helpful
- Creative written and oral skills are also essential, as well as strong organizational skills and flexibility
- A college bachelor’s degree is also required.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Click here to apply