Are you looking for a job? TMZ is hiring.
Love them or hate them, TMZ is a force in the film industry. The Warner Bros. owned company provides the inside stories behind Hollywood’s biggest celebrities, actors, models, and athletes.
TMZ is not fake and has a long history of breaking serious stories about Hollywood’s biggest A-listers. TMZ’s managing editor is Harvey Levin, a lawyer-turned-journalist who was previously a legal expert for the Los Angeles television station KCBS-TV. Levin has stated that “everything is researched and vetted for accuracy.”
TMZ was the first to break the news about Britney Spears petition for divorce from then-husband Kevin Federline, details about Paris Hilton’s jail sentence, and photos of Chris Brown’s domestic violence assault on Rihanna.
But, TMZ became a world-famous website after they were the first to report Mel Gibson’s 2008 DUI arrest. Along with releasing the story, TMZ also said: “exclusive details” that would later impact Mel Gibson’s acting career. In the report, TMZ posted it contained details from an “anonymous law enforcement source” and published four pages of a handwritten arrest report. TMZ released the report featuring Gibson’s alleged anti-Jewish comments and behavior that was later hidden in subsequent reports.
TMZ was also the first to break out the report of the death of Michael Jackson on June 25, 2009. The news beat out major broadcast and cable news outlets by almost 3 hours until CNN finally confirmed the story. Harry Levin claimed during an interview with Huffington Post that TMZ, at the time of the release of the report, verified the news and sources. “Well, before it was officially announced. We really knew this significantly before even what was going on, but this was, you know, crossing every t. We were positive when we put it up. We put it up when we were 100% positive.” TMZ was also the first to receive the coroner’s report of the singer on February 8, 2010, proving Propofol dosage and negligence killed the pop legend.
TMZ Sports posted a video appearing to show Ray Rice punching his fiancee in an Atlantic City elevator. Rice was later released by the Baltimore Ravens and opened the discussion about the NFL’s history of domestic violence.
Despite being boycotted and criticized by celebrities and other journalists, TMZ is a force to be reckoned with; the celebrity TV show is the most-watched show with over 2 million viewers per night. That’s more than any late television show.
TMZ Work From Home Jobs
According to the job posting, TMZ Sports is seeking an experienced, motivated Associate Producer to join the company’s news agency. “The ideal candidate is someone who can write, report, and build web posts in CMS multiple times a day. The candidate will be responsible for pitching original story ideas daily and seeing them through, contacting sources, finding assets (photos, video), and ultimately submitting for publication. Also, the role requires a basic knowledge of the legal system and how to access information through law enforcement departments and court records. This position requires someone motivated, hard-working, and eager to take on responsibility. Currently, this is a remote position. Once our remote circumstances end, this position will be based out of Playa Vista, CA.”
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Ability to navigate through sports, entertainment news, analyze content, and recognize big stories
- Ability to develop contacts in breaking news stories and maintain relationships to aid in the news-gathering process.
- Gather and organize legal documents and maintain case files
- Work as a liaison between our news desk and Court Producers
- Stay up to date with trending news, both locally and nationally
- Provide original news angles and manage processes to follow those stories as they progress
Job Requirements include the following:
- 3 – 4 years of experience working in a newsroom environment
- Professional skills required to develop sources, pursue stories, and break news
- A genuine interest in sports, pop culture and news are a must.
- Basic knowledge of court proceedings, criminal and civil, and ability to navigate through local court processes to obtain documents and information
- Ability to enterprise news stories
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interest in and knowledge of celebrities, pop culture, and sports
If you’re interested in working with TMZ. TMZ is now hiring a ton of positions such as producers, researchers, and writers. For a list of TMZ job openings, click here.
In relevant news, Spotify is now hiring people to work from home. Are you looking for a job in the music industry? How about working for Spotify? If so, then this job is for you. The music streaming giant, Spotify, is now hiring Senior Creative Podcast Producer. According to the job posting, “”the producer will work with external production companies to develop and produce podcast concepts conceived by our internal teams as well as oversee development and production of concepts originated from external partners. This role is LA-based but one can work remotely for now.””