Are you looking for a job? The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is now hiring Music Producers in New York City.
ViacomCBS is a leader in the entertainment industry. The company creates content and experiences for people around the world. ViacomCBS has a ton of hit networks and programs including CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, CBS All Access, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. In fact, ViacomCBS deliver the largest share of TV audiences and has one of the largest TV and film collections in the entertainment business.
According to the Job posting, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert is looking for a Music Producer to join the Talent team. This hands-on role will oversee the music department and the booking of music acts. Candidates must have 8+ years of relevant experience — booking/producing at a variety show (late night, daytime, morning or similar) or working for a music label a plus. Strong contacts in the music industry are required.
Job Responsibilities include the following:
- Booking of 2-3 music acts per week.
- Producing/creative oversight of acts as needed.
- Handling of logistics of each music act from booking to post-performance on the show.
- Scouting new talent geared toward our audience.
- Cultivating relationships with managers, publicists, and labels through meetings, attending events, etc.
- Management of music team to help execute all music performances.
- Work with line producer, supervising producer, and music acts on budget.
- Brainstorming and innovation of ways to feature music acts on The Late Show’s digital platform.
Job Qualifications include:
- 8+ years’ relevant experience in the music industry – booking/ producing at a variety show (late night, daytime, morning, or similar) or music label experience a plus.
- Strong contacts in the music industry.
- Vast knowledge of pop culture and musical acts.
- Ability to book big names and a knack for discovering new talent.
- Demonstrated ability to bring big ideas for innovative ways to produce music for both broadcast and digital.
- Ability and willingness to pitch in on bookings outside of music, including but not limited to celebs, newsmakers and athletes, and to interact and collaborate with other teams on the show.
- Previous managerial experience and ability to coach and foster teamwork.
According to the job posting, The Apprentice Program is a 12-month, “The Late Show Apprentice Program is a 12-month, fast-track opportunity specifically targeted to individuals who have a Bachelor’s degree, have at least a year of experience and are interested in developing their writing and production skills.”
The Apprentice Program is set up to create talented individuals who have a passion for comedy, and create a pipeline for diverse talent for future roles within the Late Show. “Program participants will rotate through different job assignments within The Late Show in a structured process that will provide them with valuable opportunities to learn about comedy writing, research, production from inside a fun and dynamic late night talk show. This is much more than a behind-the-scenes look at the entertainment business!”