Vox Media’s NY Mag is now hiring an associate producer for its magazine Snapchat team.
Amid the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, millions of people have lost their jobs. Among them, hundreds of thousands of filmmakers are not working due to the Hollywood related production shut down. But, Vox Media is now hiring filmmakers to join their company.
This is a full-time position with benefits. “You’ll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that’s challenging and fun—and who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.”
According to the job posting, New York Magazine “Snapchat team is looking for a producer to help create original content for Snapchat.”
Responsibilities include the following:
- Create the editions in Snapchat CMS
- Write original content and asset gathering and help with video shoots and scripts
- Help with both The Cut ( https://www.thecut.com/ ) and Vulture ( https://www.vulture.com/ ) publisher pages
- Work with the Snapchat editors and animators to create 6 editions a week
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager or supervisor
Vox Media has a large portfolio of editorial sites and publications including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street and Recode.
In relevant news, TikTok is now hiring video editors. According to the job posting, the social media company is looking for Video Editors in Los Angeles, California to work with their Operations department. Some of the job responsibilities include editing a high volume of in-house original videos, and create various versions of edits, optimized for different platforms that align with TikTok style guide.
More Project Casting jobs: