Are you looking for a new job? HBO is now hiring
Are you looking for a job in the film industry? How about working on one of the most popular television networks in the world? HBO is now hiring creative types, filmmakers and producers to join their company.
In case you did not know, HBO, also known as the Home Box Office, is a premium cable and TV network owned by Time Warner. The network features motion pictures, documentaries, boxing matches, stand-up comedy, original TV series, and made-for-cable movies.
HBO the oldest and longest-running pay-TV series in the United States, having been in operation since the early 1970s. In 2014, HBO earned an amazing $1.79 billion.
As HBO describes on their website, “Our people tend to stay here for a while, and it’s not hard to see why. We’re passionate about what we do because we’re fans of what we create — and we recognize that inspiration comes from both in and outside the office. Our one-of-a-kind culture allows employees to find balance and focus on what matters: achieving professional success while making personal aspirations a reality, whether it’s pursuing an advanced degree, starting or raising a family, or jet-setting the world.”
If you’re worried about the Coronavirus COVID-19, HBO explains their company is taking the virus seriously but, if you have submitted an application, your resume will be reviewed by the recruiting teams during this “unprecedented situation”.
Here are HBO jobs you should know.
- HBO Films/Miniseries/Cinemax is responsible for the original Films and non-fiction Miniseries programming that airs on the service (i.e. DEADWOOD, CHERNOBYL, FAHRENHEIT 451, etc.). Interns will function primarily as support to department assistants as well as doing script coverage and tracking.
- The selected Intern will work with the HBO Max original programming department. • Although the Intern will spend the majority of his/her time in this department, the Intern will have exposure to Production, Post-Production, Business Affairs, Legal, Finance, and Public Relations on an ad hoc basis.
- Past interns have sat in on meetings, have worked on various projects, attend professional development workshops/classes, as well as assist with basic day-to-day administrative needs (including, but not limited to, basic data entry, copying, etc., and other duties as need and as required).
- Interns should be open to any project requested. By the end of the internship, the Intern will have had the opportunity to familiarize themselves with all aspects of television and gain a broader understanding of the Industry within a very busy television network.
- The Coordinator for Audience Research will support a team of Research professionals responsible for analyzing and reporting on consumption across Warner Media Entertainment brands (HBO, HBO MAX, TBS, TNT, TRU TV, and Cinemax). This position will be responsible for assisting with regular reporting, tracking performance for our assets, and supporting ongoing administrative needs for the team. Candidates should possess a strong interest in media analytics and content measurement with a desire to learn and expand their skill set beyond the day-to-day responsibilities.
- The Associate Creative Director will provide leadership to a team to deliver high-quality campaign creative and short form content. Reporting directly to the Creative Director of Creative Services, this senior leader will manage a team of producers to ensure creative excellence and the effective management of time and budget. They will be required to edit to the highest level (AVID). The Associate Creative Director will oversee campaign development—strategic and creative—and work closely with all of Consumer Marketing. Must have excellent communications skills to liaise with show runners, talent, Programmers and external agencies.
- The Account Management coordinator’s job is to work closely with the Program Marketing team facilitating the collective video and key art needs for all Marketing campaigns by streamlining timelines and milestones, gathering on-set production requirements, creating asset lists with schedules and tracking all budgets for each title.
For a full list of job opportunities, click here.
HULU is now hiring Creative Video Directors to join their company. According to the job post, HULU is looking for “a forward-thinking leader to grow our video group. As Creative Director, Video you will lead all aspects of editorial creative, including full-length trailers, featurettes, social-forward promos, image spots, sizzles, demos, and episodic content driven by the brand.”
More Project Casting Entertainment News: