Staff / Crew
Role: Social Media Influencer and Social Media Community Manager
Location: 7299 East Danbro Crescent, Mississauga, Ontario L5N 6P8, Canada
Hiring Contact: Chris Bernaudo
Preferred Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Worksport has spent much of 2021 laying the groundwork for large revenue growth in 2022; therefore, little capital was designated towards marketing initiatives relative to our expected marketing spend for 2022. We are now looking for a senior, experienced, capable candidate to run our marketing campaigns in-house.
At Worksport, a great Influencer Marketing and Social Media Manager should:
Be our go-to when it comes to developing unique channel and content strategies. We are looking for a digital strategist who can develop and implement comprehensive influencer strategies and campaigns, manage owned, earned, and paid digital touchpoints that deliver on our objectives, and be proficient in front of and behind the camera. And while the proper candidate is comfortable on camera, he/she should know when to contract other people to be on camera as well.
We are looking for someone that can both be our community leader and a voice on all major social media channels. We want a persona that could engage our community and build it to new heights with out of the box thinking and a constant flow of assets.
Some responsibilities would include crafting proposals and budgets, developing content calendars, planning materials, finding and promoting our products through online product review channels and networks, and overseeing the deployment of digital assets that you created for all channels. You will also have to work closely with our marketing agency to provide them with all assets that could be used for paid media campaigns that they are running as well as working closely with in house media development to get larger projects done.
The ideal candidate has a strong marketing acumen and uses critical thinking to provide their audience with an engaging story that will create emotional connections between consumers and our brand. With 5+ years of experience in a digital marketing role, the successful candidate is a good collaborator and understands emerging trends and behaviors across digital channels, best digital practices, and how digital can provide solutions to better serve our overall goals. They are experts in KPI metrics and benchmark targets for organic campaigns. They know how to collect and deliver actionable data and analytics that support decision making and they know how to leverage social monitoring tools for qualitative marketing research and insights.
Most importantly, the ideal candidate should be content centric rather than strategy alone. We want our candidate to create unique and interesting social photos and videos that capture the attention of customers, investors, and the internet. This means that we would want to see some content featuring the company or products that aren't necessarily selling something tangible. But getting eyeballs on the brand in general using tending topics and subjects. We do not want someone to just be behind the camera, we want someone that would feel comfortable on camera as well.
We offer a chance to grow as we grow, and the opportunity to work in the automotive and cleantech spaces.If you think you are the right person for the job and are interested in working at a growing company that is publicly traded on Nasdaq, then apply right away.
What can you expect from us?
Our mission is to get the attention of the world by any means possible. We intend to be a leader in the automotive aftermarket and cleantech spaces as we bring our newest technology and products to light. Expect a fast paced environment where you will constantly push limits. You will have some legal restrictions based on Worksport being a public company but we want to ride that line and not play it too safe.
Expect to collaborate and communicate with the entire internal and external teams from engineering to marketing. Although there will be many times an idea would get turned down, we want to assure any applicants that this is only a reason to get more creative, not less.
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and linkedIn @worksportltd to stay up to date on Worksport career opportunities. We do appreciate all interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
How would you succeed in this position?
- Extensive influencer & social media knowledge – in-depth knowledge of social media platforms and how each can be deployed in different scenarios
- Social media channel management experience – posting, community management, and growth strategy
- Analytics, measurement and reporting – proficient in social listening and monitoring tools to interpret conversations and convert to information that can fuel smart, data-driven decision-making across the organization; ability to analyze influencer statistics and quality of their numbers.
- Influencer / blogger outreach – experience identifying, recruiting and managing influencer / brand ambassador programs exclusively for Worksport.
- Knowledge of FTC blogger guidelines.
- Problem-solving – resourceful, creative hands-on approach to brand building and problem solving.
- Flexibility – the world of social media is 24/7 while we don’t expect employees to be always on, this role is not 9-5. This role demands listening and responding with our community in a reasonable and timely manner. Travel, evening and weekend event coverage or crisis monitoring may be necessary periodically.
- Communication skills – strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience presenting in meetings with stakeholders.
- Self-starter – works effectively independently and has the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with changing priorities.
- Organizational skills – ability to handle multiple campaigns simultaneously with excellent personal organizational skills and high attention to detail.
Required Skills and Experience