The Associate Producer will work directly with the Lead Producer for all of Nerd Street’s tournament streams running from Localhost Philadelphia aka “The Block”. This position focuses on live production support inside Nerd Street Gamers Production Control Room. Logistical aspects of this role include Replay Operation, PTZ camera systems, Ross Xpression, audio/video signal routing and technical directing whenever necessary.
Essential Job Functions:
Non Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Lead Producer with all setup and pre-production roles including but not limited to: A/V signal routing through Ross Ultrix, graphics setup through Ross Xpression, camera painting and preset definition through PTZ controller and transmission setup.
- Assist with any and all live production roles as assigned by the Lead Producer including but not limited to: Technical Directing, Replay Operation, CG Operation, PTZ Operation, and transmission monitoring.
- Assist the Lead Producer with studio and equipment upkeep tasks, including but not limited to: Updating Windows and software on any and all machines, installing new software as necessary on any and all machines, cycling rechargeables to prevent overcharging (belt packs, AA/AAA batteries for IFBs/mics, camera batteries, etc), wiping down equipment and screens in studio space, emptying waste bins in dumpsters and other general maintenance related tasks.
- Operate as Technical Director during remote broadcasts from vmix flypacks stored and maintained at “The Block”
Education and/or Experience:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Lead Producer, Director of Broadcast Operations and Vice President of Media.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using flypacks and studio broadcast equipment
- Strong technical knowledge of broadcast equipment and best practices
- 2+ years in the esports industry and/or broadcast live events
- Vast knowledge of gaming across multiple genres
- Experience with the Google App Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong ability to work with others in stressful situations
- Capable of on-the-fly pivots and creative problem solving
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Stock Option Plan
... see more