NY, United States
Staff / Crew
National Kidney Foundation
The Multimedia Producer/Editor will be responsible for capturing, editing, and producing photos and videos for internal and external purposes. As video has become a key strategy for communicating our message on digital and traditional platforms, this position will play an important role across the organization. This is a newly created position at NKF and will require that the person hired identify what technical equipment i.e. camera and editing programs etc. will be needed to successfully execute the duties of the position.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In consultation with senior leadership within the Marketing & Communications department, the Multimedia Producer/Editor will support national launches of public awareness campaigns, foundation news, cause marketing and donor development campaigns, public policy, and scientific initiatives.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for NKF initiatives, social videos, product marketing videos, and other enterprise-wide projects as needed.
- Collaborate closely with NKF departments/teams to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content.
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing.
- Record and edit video and audio projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media.
- Video includes familiarity with professional cameras (i.e. Sony PMW-F3 or similar), prosumer camcorders (i.e. Sony NXCAM HXR‑NX3 or similar), various HD and SD formats, preproduction/planning, studio and field production, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography.
- Audio includes small format mixers, compression, EQ, effects processors, audio recording techniques for studio and field, multi-track and waveform editing.
- Post-production entails digital video editing, still and motion graphics design, and video compression for multiple delivery platforms.
- Work across departments to properly assess and support various video needs.
- Create an initial proposed storyboard drafts to present to requesting department and receive approval before beginning to produce video content.
- Produce NKF Facebook Lives using live streaming software. Collaborate with the Digital Marketing team to stream directly to Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and other platforms.
- Create a video library of available footage for broadcast and digital use, repurposing existing videos wherever possible and creating new ones to fill in the gaps.
- Ensure the correct formatting and presentation for finalized videos according to specific platform/use.
- Create content that is culturally sensitive and reflects the communities we serve, i.e., people of color; provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate.
- Perform additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on video editing/production preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience as video specialist in similar role
- Videographer experience
- Video editing experience
- Experience with remote recording
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Corporate video production a plus
- Creative experience in videography and social video content
- Professional mastery of video and audio editing software and programs, including experience with inserting sound effects, music and transitions
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred
- Creative thinker
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project and possess the ability to bring the project to life
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects.
- Must exhibit creativity in programs and approaches and an ongoing ability to adapt to change.
- Must be able to efficiently and independently manage projects and issues within a fast-paced department working on fluctuating deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally.
- Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate supportive and collaborative relationships with peers, clients, partners, and executives.
- Must be a self-started and work with a high level of initiative and flexibility.
- Ability to remain professional under high pressure situations.
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
Video samples for use on both broadcast and social media must be submitted with application.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of NKF to provide equality of employment opportunity regardless of race, creed, color, qualified handicap or disability, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, gender, political affiliation or veteran status, or any other factor or reason prohibited by relevant local, state and federal fair employment laws.
The Equal Employment Opportunity policy will apply to all employment practices of NKF including, but not limited to: recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, compensation, benefits, layoffs, transfers and discipline. Implementation of the Equal Employment Opportunity policy is the shared responsibility of the management of NKF.