Golfzon Social is coming to Brooklyn, NY! We are excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of General Manager at our new location at 11 Hoyt. The General Manager oversees all aspects of the Golfzon Social hospitality experience: a bar and restaurant anchored by high-tech indoor golf simulators.
This position is focused on ensuring a fun and enjoyable golf hospitality experience that includes assisting new visitors with the booking process, instruction on game technology use, delivering stellar service, managing food and beverage operations, and actively focusing on customer acquisition and retention through innovative programming. Other major responsibilities include implementing and monitoring the budget, hiring, training and supervising all key staff members, monitoring the quality of the property’s products and services, and securing the property’s assets, including inventories, facilities and equipment. The ideal candidate has experience in the daily management of F&B operations including staffing and scheduling, menu planning, and ensuring consistent and high levels of guest and patron service levels.
Benefits for this position include: a group health insurance plan, dental plan, vision plan, paid time off, a 401(k) savings plan, and optional Flexible Spending/Health Savings Accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and administer a sound business and organizational plan for the property which includes an operating budget and marketing plans
- Manage food and beverage operations to ensure seamless delivery of products to the customer
- Hire, develop, and supervise all key employees of the facility
- Extend a culture of hospitality to staff via proper scheduling, training and on the job coaching
- Consistently operate the property in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Maintain food and beverage operations in accordance with and exceeding health and safety guidelines.
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the property’s physical assets, inventories and facilities
- Assist in the creation and coordination of the property’s marketing strategy in conjunction with the designated Regional Director of Marketing
- Create and conduct player development programs to attract golfers to the facility
- Ensure the highest standards for food, beverage, sports, recreation activities and other property services
- Analyze financial statements (income and expenses) relative to budgeted goals and take corrective measures as necessary. Prepare monthly financial reports for upper management and ownership.
- Participate in outside activities that are judged appropriate by the Regional Manager to enhance the presence of the property in the local community
- Professionally and efficiently stock and display merchandise
- Actively work to grow rounds and event sales at the facility through outside sales and retention strategies
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of hospitality management in a full-service restaurant and bar.
- Should have some experience working in an entertainment or gaming hospitality venue (theater, bowling alley, casino, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to run a professional, efficient, high quality, service-oriented operation
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized, efficient and detail oriented
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Must have supervisory, coaching and staff development experience
- Must have a strong business aptitude and passion for the golf business
- Golf Knowledge preferred, but not required
... see more