The Creative Solutions department provides a crucial service to the commercial teams allowing them to generate revenue across all Future brands. Our Ideation team provides innovative sales packages and pitching options, and our Production team translates those ideas and produces content that deliver above expectations. The team works across a wide range of projects such as video productions, online content marketing, digital advertising and print and we coordinate with internal departments and third party suppliers to put it all together. It is a fast paced department that offers daily challenges and we have a fantastic team that loves what they do.
The successful candidate will primarily, but not necessarily exclusively work on Wallpaper*. Wallpaper* is the global design authority, leading the way in architecture, design, art, entertaining beauty & grooming, transport, technology, fashion, and watches & jewellery. Founded as a print magazine in 1996, it has evolved into a multi-channel media brand. With a strong track record of discovering next-generation talents and creative matchmaking, Wallpaper* is at the forefront of the global creative community. It continues to change the way the world thinks about design.
Job Summary & Purpose
Using your creative thinking, superior organisational, time management and communication skills you will be responsible for the smooth delivery of projects, big and small. From the moment we receive the brief you will become the point of contact for the client and responsible for distilling that brief into a project plan with a clear set of deliverables. From small studio shoots to large location shoots you will need to put together a team of content creators to deliver on our idea and produce engaging and high quality content that will be distributed across the Future brands.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Capture the scope and spec of work at briefing point and outline any bottle necks, risks or threats to project delivery.
- You will work across internal and external teams so being able to collaborate and build relationships with a range of different people is essential.
- Put together a crew of talented people from photographers, script writers or influencers to deliver content that is on brief and delivers to the clients objectives.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the lifespan of the project. Keeping all teams working in alignment with each other. Being the linchpin that is needed to keep projects on track.
- Manage a range of complex projects with multi channel deliverables.
- Organise all pre-production requirements such as call sheets, permit application, insurance, talent contracts, IP contracts, mood boards, script creation, freelancer booking etc.
- Pre-sale you will be working with commercial teams and internal planning teams to prepare budgets and costing sheets for bids going to market.
- Post sale, you will be working with internal project management teams to ensure that the assets you create arrive with the PM on time so that they can deliver on their part of the project.
- Managing budgets and spending.
- Building excellent client relationships and using your commercial acumen to spot opportunities for new projects.
- Amazing client management skills that you use to keep our clients fully briefed on project status, Sending updated tracking documents and attending client status meetings.
- Raising POs, tracking cost, updating and managing budget spreadsheets - updating management on a weekly basis,
- Constantly develop your knowledge of marketing solutions within Future and highlight any opportunities for new product offerings
- Work with the HoD to identify upcoming issues & resource issues
- Be an ambassador for the Creative Solutions department by embodying our values.
Essential skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience with content creation in both video and photography.
- Experience of events / experiential / online streaming
- Project management skills with a knowledge of a project management process or methodology
- Knowledge of marketing products, including print, digital, social, newsletters, events etc.
- The ability to think creatively to translate a creative idea in to something that can be produced for the budget and time constraints without compromising the integrity of the initial idea.
- Ability to track and manage projects within the agreed budget
- Campaign reporting, with an ability to write reports for an internal and external audience
- Client facing
- Strong customer services skills
- Experience of commissioning freelance work and an understanding of the contractual and legal requirements of the industry.
- Confidence to manage cross departmental issues and ensure the
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- A desire to get stuck in and get the work done.
What will I get in return?
As well as our standard benefits, we have a number of awesome perks available to our staff including:
We are Future
- Unlimited paid time off (yes you read that right!)
- A share in our success- every member of staff receives a profit pool bonus at the end of our financial year
- Central office locations with safe working spaces and tonnes of flexibility to work remotely as required
- Discounted digital magazine subscriptions and access to back copies of our print magazines and bookazines
- Annual Future conference - get together with your colleagues to celebrate success and look forward to what's next
- Regular colleague events arranged by our wonderful Community & Culture committees
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We’re calling it Future 3.0 and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers
... see more