We are Future, a global multi-platform media company with big ambitions and the talent to bring them to life. Together, we connect people to their passions through the high-quality content we create and the innovative technology we pioneer.
We’re the name behind market-leading brands in specialist sectors like technology, gaming & entertainment, music, creative & photography, field sports, knowledge and home interest. Specialists in our field are passionate about what we do, every year we attract millions of consumers to our websites, magazines, events and social spaces.
We’re dedicated to creating loyal fans of our brands, and the number is growing all the time. But that’s not enough – we’re continually adding to our portfolio, building on our technology and investing in our people. Everything we do is born from our desire to innovate and influence and we restlessly look to improve. We hire people we can learn from and we work together to push the boundaries of what can be done.
Together, we’re exceeding the expectations of everyone we exist for – our audiences, clients and shareholders. Our shareholders have watched Future transition into an innovative global platform for specialist media, our share price has performed well in parallel with both the transition and our growing ability in making our content pay. Shares Magazine has issued their 10 stocks for 2018 which includes Future as one of their top picks.
We reap the rewards too, of course, with a fun and creative place to work and the kind of personal development that makes every day even more enjoyable and challenging. We believe it to be a really exciting time to join Future.
Every kind of talent is celebrated and nurtured here. We believe in teamwork that transcends location, which means we don’t have a Future headquarters. Across our offices in the UK, US, France and Australia, each and every one of us are playing a part in driving our business forward.
The Creative Solutions department provides a crucial service to the commercial teams allowing them to generate revenue across all Future brands. Our Ideation team provides innovative sales packages and pitching options, and our Production team translates those ideas and produces content that deliver above expectations. The team works across a wide range of projects such as video productions, online content marketing, digital advertising and print and we coordinate with internal departments and third party suppliers to put it all together. It is a fast paced department that offers daily challenges and we have a fantastic team that loves what they do.
Job Summary & Purpose
Using your creative thinking, superior organisational, time management and communication skills you will be responsible for the smooth delivery of projects, big and small. From the moment we receive the brief you will become the point of contact for the client and responsible for distilling that brief into a project plan with a clear set of deliverables. From small studio shoots to large location shoots you will need to put together a team of content creators to deliver on our idea and produce engaging and high quality content that will be distributed across the Future brands.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Capture the scope and spec of work at briefing point and outline any bottle necks, risks or threats to project delivery.
- You will work across internal and external teams so being able to collaborate and build relationships with a range of different people is essential.
- Put together a crew of talented people from photographers, directors, script writers or influencers to deliver content that is on brief and delivers to the clients objectives.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders throughout the lifespan of the project. Keeping all teams working in alignment with each other. Being the linchpin that is needed to keep projects on track.
- Manage a range of complex projects with multi channel deliverables.
- Organise all pre-production requirements such as call sheets, permit application, insurance, talent contracts, IP contracts, mood boards, script creation, freelancer booking etc.
- Pre-sale you will be working with commercial teams and internal planning teams to prepare budgets and costing sheets for bids going to market.
- Post sale, you will be working with internal project management teams to ensure that the assets you create arrive with the PM on time so that they can deliver on their part of the project.
- Managing budgets and spending.
- Amazing client management skills that you use to keep our clients fully briefed on project status, Sending updated tracking documents and attending client status meetings.
- Raising POs, tracking cost, updating and managing budget spreadsheets - updating Senior Management on a weekly basis,
- Demonstrable experience with content creation in both video and photography.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of print design and production processes
- Experience of events / experiential / online streaming
- Project management skills with a knowledge of a project management process or methodology
- Knowledge of marketing products, including print, digital, social, newsletters, events etc.
- The ability to think creatively to translate a creative idea in to something that can be produced for the budget and time constraints without compromising the integrity of the initial idea.
- Ability to track and manage projects within the agreed budget
- Campaign reporting, with an ability to write reports for an internal and external audience
- Client facing
- Strong customer services skills
- Experience of commissioning freelance work and an understanding of the contractual and legal requirements of the industry.
- Confidence to manage cross departmental issues and ensure the
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management.
- A desire to get stuck in and get the work done.
We are Future
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers
We’re Future. We’re 2300 colleagues over 200 brands speaking to 400 million people every month across the globe through websites, events and magazines. We haven’t just survived in 2020, we’ve thrived, increasing our audience share, taking more number one positions, acquiring new businesses and launching new brands.
And we don’t plan on stopping any time soon.
We’ve got an ambitious plan for 2021 that will build on our growth momentum and unlock new opportunities. We’re calling it Future 3.0 and we’re looking for talented people who want to be a part of it.Inclusion & Diversity
At Future we are passionate about ensuring that as a business, we are continuing to promote diversity and inclusion not just in our recruitment processes, but everything we do.
Future is an equal opportunity employer and we will continue to ensure our recruitment process will be free of bias and our workplaces are inclusive, positive, free of discrimination and respects all backgrounds and beliefs. Our culture is underpinned by our values which will continue to ensure that all applicants, current and future employees are treated with respect and fairness.
We are continuing to be inclusive in our approach to flexible working, ensuring that we are making adjustments where required and providing our employees the tools and support to enable them to grow and flourish in their careers
... see more