CO, United States
Entertainment jobs & Crew
Staff / Crew
Winter Park Resort
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:
Who We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver. Don’t be fooled by our convenient location, though… you’ll feel remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!
Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?
Perks & Benefits: There’s more than a free season pass waiting for you! You don’t just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted equipment rentals, and plenty of opportunities for growth, advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are provided!
Are you a natural storyteller? Skilled with the written word and creating compelling visuals? Do you have a passion for the Outdoors? This position allows you to create content that will be used across the resort's social, blog, web, and email channels. This role works in support of and alignment with the Social and Content Associate Manager and Creative and Content Manager’s strategic plan.
Inspire and welcome people to venture out with compelling written and visual content that supports the resort's marketing goals, while also highlighting the brand voice through a fresh, fun, organic lens. Use your writing, photo, and video skills to bring the brand and the resort's stories to life; from mountain conditions, to resort events and operational updates, behind-the-scenes action to personality profiles, and all the things there are to do on and off the mountain.
You should demonstrate great attention to detail, have very strong communication skills and be a team player. This is a job that requires both work and plays to share your enthusiasm for the mountains and Winter Park Resort.
The Digital Content Coordinator is a key member of the Marketing Team and works first and foremost to drive the resort and marketing goals. They must be a team player and have a marketing mindset, able to jump in and contribute to a multitude of projects and flex their skillset where needed. Please note that advanced skiing/snowboarding ability is an essential function of this job.
- Develop and craft powerful brand and product content to push key marketing goals and targets
- Assist with capturing, creating content for, posting on, and optimizing social media channels including Instagram - including Stories, Tik Tok, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. Additional channels may be added as social strategy expands.
- Assist with community management on all social channels.
- Work closely with the Social and Content Associate Manager to write compelling, SEO optimized blog content that creates added value and attracts site visitors and social followers
- Write copy for advertising, paid social campaigns, email, website, and other marketing materials as needed
- Collaborate with the Content Coordinator and the Social and Content Associate Manager to source and create a video, photo, and social assets to support content needs every week
- Take ownership and accountability for snow messaging & content for the winter season. This role is responsible for tracking weather conditions, alerting the marketing team to incoming storms, implementing the marketing teams snow protocol, initiating daily resort and snow conditions messaging and planning for and capturing snow-related content, both photo, and video, and writing copy for powder alert emails
- Leverage existing performance and analytic measurement tools to evaluate content performance. Provide thoughts and recommendations to the team to better leverage content to support business objectives. Continue to optimize content based on results and guest insights.
- Confer daily with Mountain Operations, Guest Services and Information, Patrol, Marketing, Public Relations, Events, Community Organizations, and various Resort Businesses to compile, update and disseminate mountain information as needed.
- Ability to understand and write in a consistent brand voice
- Help coordinate and assist the marketing team as needed including, but not limited to hosting media, procuring tickets, coordinating on various projects, setting up social contests, and more.
- Project manage special initiatives as assigned to drive Marketing department goals
- Maintain strong knowledge of all current resort products, offerings, and packages
- Assist with writing package and product one-pagers and descriptions as needed
- Help manage photo and video assets by uploading and tagging photo assets in the DAM, and organizing seasonal selects.
- All daily work is time-sensitive and must be completed according to times outlined on a set schedule
- Content Creator with an inherent understanding of user behaviors across digital platforms and how best to develop content that will maximize our brand and product awareness not only for consumers but for distribution channels
- Must be able to operate at the speed of social – taking advantage of both proactive and reactive opportunities to devise relevant content
- Proficient to advanced skills in photography and video, including but not limited to: mobile asset capture and editing workflow, talent direction, In-app editing (Instagram, tik tok)
- Proficient in advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, Lightroom, and Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills in both public speaking and writing – should feel comfortable pitching ideas to the larger team and leadership.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions
- 2 to 3 years of social media or content experience in a professional setting, preferably in the outdoor industry.
- Advanced level skier/snowboarder
The base hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts' total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many region-specific benefits.
- Hourly Range: $20-$21/hr
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- This position will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment constantly.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking, kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or local law. Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.