CA, United States
Entertainment jobs & Crew
Staff / Crew
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering stories that make a difference within our community! Our commitment is to engage viewers with relevant, character-driven stories that are important to the local communities we serve.
Who we are: Spectrum Networks is a series of 30 + local news and regional sports networks owned and operated by Charter Communications, Inc. Spectrum Networks seeks to provide the most essential local news and information, cultivating relevant and thoughtful conversations that foster informed and engaged communities.
The Environment: Spectrum News operates in a 24-hour news cycle which can require employees to be flexible and available to work various shifts, including early morning, late evenings, weekends and holidays.
Being on our team means … You’re ready to inspire and be inspired! You’re passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to tell amazing stories that mean something to our communities. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories across multiple platforms. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
What we’re looking for: A Senior Producer has a creative eye for original content and coverage of major stories, breaking news and specials. You are responsible for making decisions to ensure the live broadcasts are factually correct and concise. You will act as a supervisor for specific shifts, working alongside Associate and Executive Producers.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Strong broadcast news writing ability, including tease writing
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid news judgement and passion for news
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Familiarity with the local market
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Must be able to work rapidly and accurately
- Leads and assigns the work of others
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and work under time pressure deadline
- Working knowledge of general office computer software, newsroom software and basic non-linear editing systems
- Ability to anticipate situations and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and ability to clearly communicate solutions
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, communications or related field or comparable television work experience preferred
- 4+ years of Television news producing experience
- 3+ years of Line producing experience
- Normal office environment
- Works primarily inside a climate-controlled environment throughout the year but might be assigned field duties on occasion
- Works in an open newsroom setting with a semi-noisy environment
- Ability to work various shifts, longer shifts, weekends and holidays, and be flexible with schedule changes due to "breaking news", and/or severe weather emergencies
- Must be able to lift up to 5 pounds
Our Culture: Every employee is an influencer and culture keeper. We expect respectful communication (despite pressure), openness to feedback, an eagerness to learn, and an overall positive attitude!NPR420 315838 315838BR