The Executive Producer reports to the Managing Director. The Executive Producer oversees the smooth operation of the shows as well as the management of producers, client relationships and the shows – and ultimately the studio, and brand - financial status as well as being involved in the direction and growth of the local studio.
SHOW PLANNING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Oversees show progress and show budgets.
- Reviews financial progress of shows and reports to MD on status.
- Accomplishes subsidiary show objectives by establishing and collaborating on budgets, delivery quotas, efficiency metrics, resource allocation, schedules, course corrections.
- Works with Head of Production, Creative Operations and workforce planning to ensure proper resourcing and team allocation for all shows.
- Works with show producers to ensure show scheduling is accurate and accounted for.
- Works with production and creative teams to ensure that deliverables are met within agreed budgets/targets.
- Works with show producers and supervisors to ensure client directives and deliverables are being achieved.
- Regularly meets with show producers and supervisors to understand show progress and deliverables.
- Cascades company messaging and provides key role in change management programs, as necessary.
- Maintains overall view of resource for projects, including coordinating with HR on the impact of employment contracts.
- Manages bidding process.
- Works with sales team to support business development leads for local site, as required.
- PnL reporting at FEV level where necessary
- Negotiates legal/contracts and ensure they are progressed to execution
- Ensures invoicing and cash collection is prioritized
- Responsible for key client relationships and liaison, including Producers and Studio figures
- Negotiates major changes to schedules and awards,
- Sometimes works as Producer on a small show, or covers until show team is onboard
- Ensures timely communication and clarity to clients in financial and schedule matters
- Helps to ensure that the correct senior talent is assigned to shows
- Where necessary, act as a liaison for senior creative talent and clients
- Works closely with VFX Supervisors to balance client needs with internal team management, and coaches on strategic approach where necessary
- Maintains and furthers the profile of MPC within the VFX community locally and in the worldwide market
- Works with Finance team to support client tax credit application
- Directly responsible for VFX Producers
- Works with fellow EP’s to ensure that working practices are in alignment
- Accountable to clients for high-level oversight of all local projects
- Works closely with MD and local Senior Management Team
- Identify and develop next generation of talent with SMT
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience as a VFX Producer in a Tier 1 or 2 VFX business.
- Strong working knowledge of bidding in Featured VFX and/or Episodic content.
- Capacity to oversee, analyze and maintain a budget.
- Solid planning and scheduling experience in a fast-paced environment, deadline driven creative environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages while maintaining a high quality of work.
- Proven ability to excel in a constantly changing environment, manages uncertainy.
- Ability to use data to influence, challenge the status quo and reinvent the way we work.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships based on trust.
- Resilience and/or ability to cope with and rise to the inevitable challenges, problems and setbacks and come back stronger from them.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-pace environment.
- Creative problem solver aptitude.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and/or through difficult times.
- Ability to develop others, mainly junior staff requiring support on both technical skills and people skills
- Strong sense of team dynamics, and capacity to lead by example to support crew in a positive morale generating style.
- Solid emotional intelligence aptitudes.