Job: Executive Producer, Content Works - Healthing.ca
About Content Works:
Content Works is Postmedia’s award-winning full-service branded content studio. We tap into the expertise of our advertising professionals, digital marketing experts, producers and content creators to craft compelling stories that drive our clients’ business goals and connect with readers. Our branded articles are also published in the pages of Postmedia’s iconic titles such as the National Post, Financial Post, Vancouver Sun, Montreal Gazette and Toronto Sun as well as on innovative digital content channels like Driving.ca, TheGrowthOp and Healthing.ca.
The Executive Producer, Content Works - Healthing.ca is responsible for overseeing the execution of multimedia branded content campaigns on Healthing.ca. Reporting to the Director of Content Works, this individual has a comprehensive understanding of medical sciences and the ability to oversee the development of content that engages with readers and is scientifically accurate. The Executive Producer should also have a strong knowledge of marketing strategies and best practices for pharmaceutical industry clients and Advertising Standards Council compliance.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with the Director, Content Works and other Executive Producers to evolve the capabilities, strategy and production of Content Works to align with Postmedia’s strategic initiatives;
- Define and lead Content Works’ strategy to produce best-in-class health and medical content for custom content opportunities inside and outside the Postmedia Network;
- Support the development of health/medical content across a variety of channels;
- Manage the regulatory review process (ASC) and ensure all projects have complete and accurate referencing and meet regulatory requirements;
- Assist Healthing.ca sales and business development units in pitching high-value strategic commercial content initiatives, both on- and off-network, in a variety of formats;
- Provide oversight and review of layout/graphic content to ensure that it is accurate and aligns with the scientific content;
- Lead and develop a team of freelance medical writers;
- Implement processes to ensure consistent writing and referencing style and quality standards;
- Identify opportunities for innovation and diversification of health/medical content creation;
- Assist in the creation of an analytics suite for Postmedia commercial content producers to empower and scale data-driven storytelling;
- Identify net-new content products/offerings and mobilize sales teams to engage advertisers;
- Champion the development and integration of new content formats (audio, video, interactive) as part of Postmedia’s content marketing suite of products.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or an equivalent, as well as a degree in a related medical sciences field;
- Expert command of written and spoken English;
- Experience with written, video, and interactive content production, and their respective best practices, workflows, and capabilities;
- Exceptional medical writing and editing skills, with demonstrated ability to translate complex scientific concepts into compelling messaging that is palatable to a consumer audience, and to adapt content to various channels while supporting brand goals;
- Ability to synthesize business goals into compelling editorial strategy for both B2B and B2C projects;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in medical communications (medical education, pharmaceutical advertising, etc.) in an agency setting, ideally with regular client exposure within the pharmaceutical/life sciences sector;
- Strong knowledge of ASC compliance and approval process;
- Working knowledge of SEM, SEO, and WordPress; understanding of email, mobile, social and web design principles; knowledge of best practices within the content marketing industry;
- Knowledge of audience metrics and social amplification techniques;
- Experience managing editorial calendars and multiple projects with conflicting deadlines;
- An existing network of health/medical freelance content creators, or the ability to find and nurture one;
- Knowledge of project management techniques is an asset;
- Proficient in all major business software applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel);
- Excellent client service skills, ability to deliver client and stakeholder satisfaction in measurable ways;
- Professional demeanour and ability to work well under pressure;
- A motivated team player and self-starter with superior communication skills and a strong desire to compete and succeed.
We thank in advance all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. Only candidates legally eligible to work in Canada will be considered. No phone calls or agencies please.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all areas of the hiring process. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please make your needs known in advance. Accommodation requests will be provided on an individual basis.
Postmedia Network Inc. is committed to employment equity and an inclusive barrier-free selection process and work environment. Postmedia Network Inc. encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Postmedia Network Inc.