Casting directors are currently casting paid extras for the HBO series “Looking” filming in San Francisco.
The series is about 3 gay friends living in San Francisco and features Jonathan Groff (SMASH).
Acccording to the Huffington Post, Groff will play a video game designer named Patrick, who’s looking for love on OKCupid.
“The show hopefully will express all facets of gay life,” he said. “We’re all different types of people. There’s lots of people who have anonymous sex. There’s also people looking for love. There’s people looking for an open relationship. There are also the queens. There are those you wouldn’t know were gay. It’s the gay experience.”
HBO is targeting a 2014 premiere date with eight episodes planned for the new series.
HBO producers will be filming 9/16 to 9/18 and background needs will change for each episode. But, casting directors are seeking certain types.
Beau Bonneau Casting is the Extras Casting department for the project and posted the following Casting Call on their Facebook Page:
Extras for HBO Series “Looking” Shooting in SF 9/16 – 11/8
Weekday Shoots Only. Background Actor Needs Will Be Updated Frequently!
We are casting paid extras for the HBO series “Looking” (formerly UMLP) about 3 gay friends living in San Francisco, starring Jonathan Groff. They are shooting weekdays 9/16–11/8. Background needs will change with each episode and posts will be updated here. CURRENTLY SEEKING THE FOLLOWING TYPES:
- * Late 30s Nude-willing, gay friendly Men with average physiques (not models/super fit) for a small scene shooting Tues 9/17. 3 men will be chosen to portray Men&39;s Spa goers in background (1 in shower, 1 at locker, etc, no physical interactions) while cast members have dialogue in foreground. Open to all ethnicities with emphasis on Caucasian and African American appearing men. Men must be totally comfortable being nude! HBO has no nudity limitations and you may or may not be recognizable. Rate for this role only is $250 for up to 8hrs, not expected to last longer than 8hrs. Reference: Nude 9/17 in subject line and send 2 shirtless photos with shorts on, 1 from waist or chest up & 1 standing view.
- * Hipsters 21 years -30s for Mission Bar scene Tues 9/17. Bar filled with nothing but cool looking Hipsters to make cast members stand out. Must be able to pull off Hipster vibe with your own clothes & styling, be at least 21yrs old and avail Tues 9/17 from morning to evening. 8-10 hour shoot, give or take an hour. Reference: Hipster Bar 9/17 in subject line.
- * Gay Bar Goers, Gay & Lesbian Couples 21 yrs – 30s Wed 9/18 for fun Castro bar scene with music & dancing, no wallflowers! Must be gay friendly and willing to dance with same sex partners. More men needed than women. A few may start in earlier scene as College Students/Pedestrians in Downtown SF. Must be at least 21yrs old and avail Wed 9/18 morning to evening. 8-12 hour shoot, give or take an hour. Reference: Castro Bar 9/18 or Castro Bar Couple 9/18 in subject line. If Real Couple, please check with partner before submitting them, include their name & contact info and recent photo of you together if possible.
Shoots can last anywhere from 8-12hrs and start times are unknown until the night before, so you must be avail all day from very early morning. i.e. 6AM to evening hours. SAG/AFTRA members get Union scale. Non Union Extras are paid $84.40 for 8hrs plus overtime at time and ½ based on SF min wage $10.55/hr. U.S. Citizens must have a current U.S. Passport OR both a valid Drivers License with Social Security Card or Birth Certificate. Non Citizens must have Green Card, Permanent Resident Card or Work Authorization from Dept. of Homeland Security. This ID must be presented on set for I-9 paperwork or you cannot be employed and you will be turned away.
To Submit for Extra Work, email the following to [email protected]:
- * Subject line: Role with Date (i.e. Nude 9/17), Your Name, Approx Age, Cell #
- * Union Status: SAG-AFTRA or Non Union & City you live in
- * Height, Weight, Clothing Sizes. MEN: Suit, Neck x Sleeve, Waist x Inseam, Shoe. WOMEN: Dress/Pants, Bust/Waist/Hips, Shoe
- * Attach 2 new camera phone or digital camera color snapshots, 1 close up from chest & 1 standing view (no hats or sunglasses).
- **Tattoos: Nude willing men & men willing to remove shirt in bar with tattoos, please describe placement, size and include tattoo photo(s).
We need ready to view photo attachments, preferably jpg files.
Submissions with only links to photos will be ignored. For most roles we have to share photos with Production for Director approval and BBC staff will contact you if selected.
You may also be considered for future shoot dates before 11/8 if not initially contacted, especially Gay Couples, Gay Bar Goers and Hipsters 20s-30s.
If you have SF Bay Area local friends that may be interested, forward our notice or url, thank you!