Taika Waititi‘s upcoming soccer movie is now casting new speaking roles.
Casting directors are now casting actors, models, and talent to work on scenes filming in Hawaii.
The film directed by Taika Waititi (“Thor: Ragnarok” and “Hunt for the Wilderpeople)”. Based on the true story of the American Samoa soccer team.
Producers are seeking the following types:
- Caucasian looking men
- Ages 25 to 50 with Australian, British and Dutch accents
- Must live in Hawaii
- All applicants must be legal to work in the US and be available mid-October – mid-December 2019 to film in Hawaii.
- Acting experience an advantage but not essential.
How to apply:
If this sounds like someone you know, please see instructions to submit below.
Send the following information to [email protected]
Put in the subject line: Australian/English/Dutch Talent
- 1. Your first & last name, direct cell phone contact and your email address included in the body of text – without these we cannot hire you.
- 2. Two photos as attachments (jpeg, tiff or pdf): One full length and ONE waist up, cell phone photos are fine, preferably in good outside light.
- 3. Height, weight
- 4. Summary of any on-camera or public speaking experience
About Taika Waititi’s soccer movie:
Deadline reports Taika Waititi will write and direct a movie for Fox Searchlight Pictures. It will be an adaptation on the sports doc directed by Mike Brett and Steve Jamison. The documentary centered around Dutch coach Thomas Rongen’s attempt to take the American Samoa soccer team, which was essentially non-competitive on the world stage, to respectability… and maybe even to the World Cup.
Related: How to Find Acting Auditions and Casting Calls
Please do not apply, if you are not local or if you do not fit the description.
What do you think? Discuss this story with other fans on Instagram @projectcasting