Godfather of Harlem starring Forest Whitaker is now casting ministers in New York City.
Grant Wilfley Casting is looking for African American men, ages 50 to 70 years old, to play featured 1960s distinguished ministers on the new EPIX series Godfather of Harlem. Filming will shoot on Wednesday, January 30th in Brooklyn, New York City.
About Godfather of Harlem:
Forest Whitaker will star in the EPIX series Godfather of Harlem. According to Variety, The series is titled Godfather of Harlem. It will tell the true story of crime boss Bumpy Johnson (Whitaker), who in the early 1960s returned after 10 years in prison to find the neighborhood he once ruled in shambles. With the streets controlled by the Italian mob, Bumpy takes on the Genovese crime family to regain control. During the brutal battle, he forms an alliance with radical preacher Malcolm X, catching his political rise in the crosshairs of social upheaval and a mob war that threatens to tear the city apart.
How to audition?
To audition for a role on Godfather of Harlem, check out the casting call breakdown below.
Godfather of Harlem Casting Call
Grant Wilfley Casting is seeking NON UNION African American Men, ages 50s-70s, to portray FEATURED 1960s distinguished Ministers on the new Epix series GODFATHER OF HARLEM!
Scene will film on WEDNESDAY 1/30 with a wardrobe fitting Friday 1/25 or Monday 1/28 in Brooklyn. Tri-state area locals only. Must have full day availability for the shoot date 1/30.
Men must be okay getting 1960s hair and being clean shaven on the day of work. All must be okay working around atmospheric smoke. No wool allergies. No visible tattoos.
If interested and available, please email [email protected] with the following information:
1. YOUR NAME
3. SAG-AFTRA or NON UNION
4. Wardrobe sizes (men: height, weight, jacket. neck, sleeve, waist, inseam, shoe.)
5. please note what form of id(s) you can bring to set to fill out an I9
6. have you worked on the project before, if so when and as what?
7. Confirm fully available for Wednesday 1/30
8. Availability for fitting Fri 1/25 or Mon 1/28
9. Are you okay getting a 1960s haircut and being clean shaven?
10. do you have any visible tattoos?
11. please confirm you are local to the tristate area?
12. Please attach current, non professional candid photos. (no filters, no silly faces please)
***subject line should say “FACEBOOK MINISTER”
Please do not apply, if you are not local or if you do not fit the description.
What do you think? Discuss this story with other fans on Instagram @projectcasting