Do you have a great, unique idea for a TV series? The New Normal Writing Contest might be your shot at getting it made.Project Greenlight Digital Studios and ColorCreative TV have teamed up to bring you The New Normal Writing Contest, which aims at giving underrepresented artists with a different point of view the chance to turn their anthology series into a reality. All you have to do is write a 1-page dramatic or comedic pitch that best captures the writing contest's theme - "trophy".
From The New Normal Writing Contest site:
What does “Trophy” mean, you ask? Well, what does it mean to be part of a team and to strive toward a common goal, while dealing with individual setbacks, success and everyday life? Or what does it mean to go it alone?
We’re looking for dramatic or comedic pitches that explore the idea of what it means to be a winner – whether solo or as part of an ensemble – and what lengths people go through to obtain a symbol of victory. Your pitch can be about any world you choose – competitive sports, work, beauty – anything. The setting is vague on purpose! We want you to be creative. It’s your voice, so make it your own.
Project Greenlight and ColorCreative will chose three winners who will all receive $5000 and will be partnered with a showrunner, director, and line producer in Los Angeles to work on one lucky winner's series, which will be distributed later on this year.
- Limited to one page. Longer pitches will not be eligible for judging.
- Include the working title for your series.
- Must be an anthology, meaning a series that presents a different story and a different set of characters in each episode or season.
- Should include information on setting, tone, genre: all the things that you would generally include in a good pitch.
- Be clear about the characters: who are they? (No more than 5 main roles).
- Where does the story take place?
- How do you intend to tell this story over 6 to 8 short episodes (6-10 minutes per episode).