Search

YouTuber Cemented His Head to A Microwave And Nearly Died

Jay Swingler has gained over 800,000 YouTube followers by doing stupid stunts.

This week, however, he made international headlines after deciding he would try to cement his head inside a microwave - all for more YouTube followers and views.

According to the Independent, Swingler and his friends mixed seven bags of Poly fill, a kind of quick dry concrete, in a  bucket, dumped it into a microwave, and stuck Swingler’s head inside. Luckily, he thought ahead and brought a breathing tube and a grocery bag as a mask, but the stunt ended up being a disaster.

Apparently he wanted to make a model of his head. But given the fact that he literally shoved his head into a pool of quick drying cement, the appliance wound up getting stuck, ands head was locked in so solidly his friends couldn’t begin to get it off. After laughing for a little while, then screaming, then finally freaking out because Swigler was teetering on the brink of death, his friends wound up calling the police. It took five firefighters in West Midlands, England, an hour and a half to finally free him.

The West Midlands Fire Service’s Shaun Dakin told the BBC Swingler “could quite easily have suffocated or have been seriously injured,” and the department is upset with him for wasting their time.

But for Swingler, the whole stunt paid off. The video now has over a million views and he now has 3 million subscribers.