How to Get Cast in Riverdale
Do you love the hit teen drama Riverdale? Learn how to audition for a speaking role on Riverdale.
Riverdale Season 5 officially starts pre-production.
Riverdale Season 5 is will soon start filming in Vancouver, Canada.
The cast and crew will begin filming Riverdale Season 5 very soon. According to a social media post from Riverdale screenwriter Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the show has officially started pre-production on Season 5. The Riverdale showrunner also revealed the offices are open, which is great news for fans of the teen drama.
Unfortunately, Riverdale season 5 will not premiere this fall. The CW announced the season was delayed until January 2021 to give the cast and crew time to get ready for any possible delays. As a result, Riverdale season 5 will premiere in 2021.
There is always the possibility production could shut down again due to the Coronavirus, however, we’re hoping that will not be the case and filming will continue safely.
Riverdale season 4 ended a few episodes earlier, so the season will begin where season 4 left off. We will see prom and graduation at Riverdale High in the very first few episodes of Season 5.
Then, there will be a five-year time jump, which will skip to the next chapter of life for the teens of Riverdale. We’ll find out more about Riverdale season 5 in the near future. Until then, stay tuned for the start of production and, hopefully, casting calls and acting auditions.
Riverdale Casting Info:
According to reports, Riverdale will jump ahead several years during its upcoming fifth season. During those five years, a lot of changes will take place. Some of these storyline changes include a new girlfriend for Jughead and a husband for Veronica.
The casting sheet for Season 5 revealed two new Riverdale characters.
- The call for "Jessica" says, "Female, 20s, Open ethnicity. A train-wreck-y hipster, Jessica is Jughead’s live-in girlfriend. Jessica makes no secret of the fact that she’s done with their relationship since she can see that she’s not as important to him as the book he’s not writing. RECURRING GUEST STAR."
- The second role is for Chad Gekko. His breakdown reads, "Male, 20s. White. Chad is Veronica’s controlling and neurotic husband who works on Wall Street. Though charming, his failed Ponzi scheme and shady deals with Hiram reveal his moral duplicity, putting Chad’s life in danger. RECURRING GUEST STAR."
About the show:Riverdale is a teen drama TV series based on the comic book characters from Archie Comics. The show was created for The CW by Archie Comics’ chief creative officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and is produced by Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios, alongside Berlanti Productions and Archie Comics. The show was originally envisioned as a feature film for Warner Bros. Pictures, but the idea was redeveloped as a TV series for Fox. In 2015, the development of the project moved from Fox to The CW, which the network ordered a pilot. Filming takes place in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The show features a large cast based around the characters of Archie Comics.
- The cast includes KJ Apa in the role of Archie Andrews.
- Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper
- Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge: A former wealthy socialite from New York City who moves to Riverdale
- Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones, the series' narrator
- Madelaine Petsch as Cheryl Blossom
- Ashleigh Murray as Josie McCoy
- Casey Cott as Kevin Keller
- Charles Melton and Ross Butler as Reginald "Reggie" Mantle
- Vanessa Morgan as Toni Topaz
What is the Riverdale plot?Riverdale centers around Archie Andrews' life in the town of Riverdale and explores the secrets behind its ostensibly ideal image.
Who is the casting director for Riverdale?According to IMDB, the casting directors behind Riverdale include Lyndsey Baldasare and David Rapaport. Baldasare/Rapaport Casting is known for casting several major TV shows including The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Supergirl and 90210.
Acting Tips from the casting director of Riverdale:In a recent interview, David Rapaport outlined a list of acting tips for aspiring actors. These include:
- – Memorize your lines. The more familiar you are with the material, the more fun you can have, and the easier it will be to take direction and try new things.
- – Staple your headshot to your resumé before walking into the audition room. Assume I will always want to see it.
- – Be nice to your fellow actors, to assistants and interns. The walls are thin, and we can hear everything. I was an intern and assistant once. My interns and assistants will be tomorrow’s Casting Directors. We remember.
- – Know when to leave. There is this awkward moment at the end of each audition where we say “Thank you,” and the actor sometimes just stays put. That is your cue to go. I know we all want to leave behind a good impression, but overstaying your welcome is not the way to achieve that.
- – The best way to get on my radar is to get yourself out there. If you can’t find an agent or can’t book a show, write your own script, film it, and put it online.
- – Make your own opportunities. Don’t wait for Hollywood to call. Create your own material and starring vehicle. Do it with friends, like you did when you were a kid. If you have a smart phone you have no excuse.
How to audition for a speaking roleFor a TV show, this big, casting directors are contacting talent through talent agencies. If you are interested in a speaking role in the upcoming new season, contact your talent agent for an audition. If you do not have an agent, check out our guide to landing an acting agent here. You can also stay tuned for the latest casting calls for Riverdale by signing up for our newsletter.
‘Riverdale’ Season 5 Trailer is finally here.
The show returns to The CW in January 2021, and picks up where the series left off, with the students of Riverdale High in their final year of high school. The trailer features the gang’s senior prom when things take a turn.
Last season, Archie (KJ Apa) and Betty (Lili Reinhart) start falling for each other and in the trailer, viewers see Veronica crying and saying, “something happened between Betty and Archie.”
The mysterious videotapes from last season are shown throughout the trailer and things get scarier.
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, production shut down for the series and the storyline in the first three episodes of the upcoming season are the last three episodes of last season.
Production of Season 5 resumed in Vancouver, Canada, in September.
Riverdale Season 5 will air on The CW on Wednesday, January 20.
When is Riverdale season 5 going on Netflix?
The series will return on our screens on January 20, 2021. Showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa confirmed the news on Twitter, sharing a photo that revealed the date with the caption “Back to the Future…buckle up gang!.”
The CW confirmed a fifth season of the hit show, which is based on the Archie Comics, in January. The plan was to ai this October before the pandemic caused the shutdown.
Pre-production started in August 2020, before creator and Aguirre-Sacasa confirmed in September filming was starting on the new season, posting a photo on Instagram with himself and the Riverdale cast.
On September 14, he posted another image, this time of the “first scene… of season five”. The image featured KJ Apa as the character Archie, standing in a steam room.
Apparently, it does not look like Riverdale is ending any time soon. The CW president Mark Pedowitz named it as one of three shows that will define the networks’ new direction. At the Television Critics Association’s summer press tour, he said: “We transitioned from a female-skewing network in 2010, ’11 and ’12 to more male-focused with Supernatural, and now we’ve shifted back a bit with Riverdale, All American and In the Dark to something different.”
Who is in the cast of Riverdale season 5?
Details for the next season’s cast have not been announced yet, what we do no is that Jughead’s dad FP Jones will not reprise his role.
He revealed to TV Line, Ulrich has decided to “move on to explore other creative opportunities.” Most recently, he landed a role in the upcoming Tom Hanks movie Bios.
Co-star Marisol Nichols, who played Hermoine Lodge, is also not returning to the series as a series regular. In February, Riverdale creator and showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa said in a statement: “Part of life in Riverdale — and part of growing up — is saying goodbye to people.
“I’m grateful to Skeet and Marisol for their incredible work on the show these last four years, and we all wish them well on their future endeavors. FP and Hermione will never be far from our hearts. And, of course, they’re always welcome back in Riverdale.”
Mädchen Amick will be returning and recently shared a snap from a Zoom table read for season 5, saying how happy she was to be back.