Paramount Television Studios is now hiring publicists.
Paramount Television Studios is now hiring a Junior Publicist to join the team. The job will be responsible for assisting with high-profile publicity campaigns for Paramount Television Studios programming. The Junior Publicist supports the communications Senior Leadership team with all internal and external communications for Paramount Television studios.
Paramount Television Studios is known for a wide range of content, including Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" (Amazon), "13 Reasons Why" (Netflix), "Maniac" (Netflix), "Shooter" (USA), "Berlin Station" (EPIX), "The Alienist" (TNT), "The Haunting of Hill House" (Netflix), "Catch-22" (Hulu), "First Wives Club" (Paramount Network), "Looking for Alaska" (Hulu), "Briarpatch" (USA), "Boomerang" (BET), "Shantaram" (Apple), "Dream Team" (BET), "The Contender" (EPIX) and "Snow Crash" (Amazon), among others.
To apply for the job opportunity, check out the job description below.
We are excited for a Junior Publicist to join the team! This position will assist with high-profile publicity campaigns for Paramount Television Studios programming. The role supports the communications Senior Leadership team in handling all internal and external communications and publicity for PTVS. The Junior Publicist will report to the VP, Publicity & Communications.
- Help initiate and implement publicity campaigns for assigned PTVS series, including coverage with national media, talent publicity trips, press junkets, and on-set media visits in support of assigned projects.
- Create and disseminate programming information to national and local print, online, and broadcast media.
- Write press releases, storylines, press notes, talent and producer bios, photo/art selections, and captions.
- Establish professional relationships, trust, and credibility with the national media by maintaining day-to-day contact with journalists/editors/bookers to build program and brand awareness.
- Monitor news outlets and routes pertinent stories to the rest of the communications team and senior leadership.
- Sends media coverage (dating announcements, production deals, acquisitions, casting news, etc.) to the executive team.
- Liaison with studios, producers, talent, and their management to facilitate ongoing public support for the series.
- Work on the distribution of video clips for talent appearances, assisting reporters with photo and screener requests.
- Work to garner publicity for special events and screenings as needed at events such as premieres and screenings, including writing and distributing media alerts, walking talent down a red carpet. Assist with press, photo, and talent needs during events.
- Bachelor's degree, with a preference for concentration in media and/or communications
- Three to five years of experience as a Public Relations Coordinator/Assistant, working for a studio, network, streaming platform, production company or agency.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- A self-starter with the ability to troubleshoot
- Working knowledge of media with strong press contacts
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and follow through on all projects
- Polite and professional manner, exercising patience and diplomacy. Ability to deal with different personalities
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and work in a fast-paced department
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources, and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.