"Riverdale" spinoff, "Katy Keene" is now casting in New York City.Casting directors are now casting actors, photo doubles, and stand-ins for the upcoming CW pilot "Katy Keene" as it films in New York City. Filming will shoot January 2020 through April 3rd in NYC. Casting directors are looking for background actors to work on scenes filming in NYC.
About Katy Keene:'Katy Keene' is an upcoming musical comedy-drama developed by produced by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Michael Grassi, which is based on the Archie Comics character. The show follows the origins and struggles of four aspiring artists trying to make it on Broadway, runway and the recording studio. 'Katy Keene' is a spin-off of 'Riverdale' and takes place five years after 'Riverdale'. The series is produced by Berlanti Productions, in association with Archie Comics, Warner Bros. Television, and CBS Television Studios. Lucy Hale stars as Katy Keene, who is an aspiring fashion designer trying to make it in New York City. The show co-stars Ashleigh Murray, Camille Hyde, Jonny Beauchamp, Julia Chan, Lucien Laviscount, Zane Holtz, and Katherine LaNasa also star, with Murray reprising her role as Josie McCoy from The CW's Riverdale. The series is set to premiere on February 6, 2020 on The CW. In January 2020, The CW ordered thirteen more scripts for the series How to audition for a speaking role:
- According to IMDB, David Rapaport is the casting director behind the show. David Rapaport was born on August 8, 1978 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. He is known for casting favorite shows such as “Gossip Girl,” “Arrow,” and “Riverdale.” In a recent interview with EW, Rapaport explains what it’s like to work as a casting director and in the process shares some pretty insightful advice for actors looking to break into more significant roles in television and movies.
- Rapaport, who is known for casting several Warner Bros. series shares what inspired him to become a casting director. He explains as a child, “I loved going to movies and watching TV and getting excited about specific actors and specific performances,” says Rapaport, 40.
- You can read audition tips by David Rapaport here.
- For a TV show, this big, casting directors are contacting talent through talent agencies. If you are interested in a speaking role in the upcoming new season, contact your talent agent for an audition. If you do not have an agent, check out our guide to landing an acting agent here.
- You can also stay tuned for the latest casting calls for 'Katy Keene' by signing up for our newsletter.
How to apply:
Katy Keene Casting CallsGrand Central Commuters NONUNION people of all ages, ethnicities and types to portray Grand Central commuters for Season 1 of the CW series Katy Keene. Works Thursday 2/6 in Manhattan. Will film late! Interiors. We are seeking various types! Tourists, students, business types, etc. ***There will be atmospheric smoke in the interior scenes. This work will likely film until 2/3am but NOT an overnight shoot!*** THIS IS PAID WORK! Nonunion rate = $165/10hrs If interested/available please email [email protected] and change subject line to read "FB Grand Central" and include the following information in the body of the email: -Name -Phone # -Union Status -Current photos of yourself -If you own non-descript briefcases/backpacks (No logos and such) -If you own business suits -Which forms of IDs you'll be bringing for work (if you have a VISA or Employment Authorization Card please let us know!) -Current height & weight -Fully avail 2/6 Extras Casting Call NONUNION actors to portray latino neighborhood types for our block party scene on Monday 2/3/2020 for Season 1 of the CW Series Katy Keene starring Lucy Hale. -This is PAID WORK!!! Nonunion rate is $165/10hrs. -Location will be in Washington Height, in Manhattan. -Exterior work! We are especially seeking folks 40's - 70's as well as folks with funky, fashion forward type clothing! If interested/available, please email [email protected] and change subject line to read "FB BLOCK PARTY" and include the following in the body of your email: -Name -Phone number -Confirm you are nonunion -Current height and weight -Current non-professional photos of your current look -If you have fashionable wardrobe feel free to include photos of yourself in them -Which forms of IDs will you be able to bring to fill out your i9 (If you have a VISA or Employment Authorization Card, let production know) -Confirm okay working exteriors. -Fully avail 2/3 Hairstylists casting call SAG-AFTRA/NONUNION to portray hairstylists w/real experience for Season 1 of the CW Series Katy Keene! Work date will be one date sometime between 1/27 - 2/6. ****Interior scenes will have atmospheric smoke.***** PAID WORK!!! If interested/available please email current photos and your hair styling experience to [email protected] and change subject line to read "FB HAIRSTYLISTS Avail" and include in the body of your email: -Name -Union Status (SAG-AFTRA or Nonunion) -Phone # -Current photos of yourself -Which forms of IDs you'll be bringing for your i9? (If you have a VISA or Employment Authorization Card, please let us know!) -Your hairstyling experience (be specific) -Fully avail between 1/27 - 2/6
Expired Casting Calls
Extras Casting Call
Image Credit: The CW via YouTube