Paul Feig's Powderkeg is now casting speaking roles for the new TV series East of La Brea
Casting directors are now casting actors, models, and talent to work on the new series East of La Brea by Paul Feig's digital media company Powderkeg.
Producers are casting the following speaking roles:
- Aisha - female, late 20s, African American/Somali-American, Muslim, a broke millennial who was once an aspiring writer
- Farha - female, late 20s, Bangladeshi-American, Muslim, a bit-scatterbrained cant hold a steady job but always has a side-hustle. Must Speak Bangla
- Moises - male, early 30s, Salvadoran-American, owner of a new cafe in his old neighborhood, a natural leader (must speak Spanish)
- Zayd Hassan - Male, 50s, Somali, Muslim, a jazz musician and a fish out of water in all ways
- Mauricio - Male, 60s, Salvadoran, an ex-restaurant owner, a bit of a sweet-talker, and sees the community as the foundation to everything (must speak Spanish)
- Zoya - Female, the Mid-20s, Bangladeshi-American, Muslim (wears hijab), a bit Type-A with tall walls (Must speak Bangla)
- Farida - Female, the Early 60s, Bangladeshi, Muslim, a despondent overworked custodial manager
- Rifat - Male, Early 60s, Bangladeshi, Muslim, a shut-off retired textile worker.
About East of La Brea:According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Feigs digital media production company, Powderkeg, has greenlighted the digital series East of La Brea. The project, which is the company's first original series, follows Aisha Hassan, a Black Muslim, and her Bangladeshi-American roommate, Farha Munshi, both twentysomethings struggling to navigate the changing landscape of their native Los Angeles home and their own ethnic communities. Sameer Gardezi, who has writing credits on Modern Family and Outsourced, created the show using a grant from the philanthropic fund Pop Culture Collaborative and working with MuslimARC to develop a project that is authentic to the Muslim-American experience.
How to audition?To audition for a role, check out the casting call breakdown below.
East of La Brea Casting CallWhat do you think? Discuss this story with fellow Project Casting fans on Facebook. On Twitter, follow us at @projectcasting.
If you are not local and/or do not fit the description, do not apply