CL Casting, the Extras Casting Company that has casted in such films as 42: The Jackie Robinson Story, The Internship, The Watch, and currently, Anchorman 2. Now the extremely hardworking casting company is working on the upcoming TLC Biopic which will be filming in Atlanta, Georgia. The feature film is a VH1 biopic of platinum selling girl group TLC. Recently, The LA Times recently reported that rapper and VMA stage crasher Lil Mama, Keke Palmer and actress/sing Drew Sidora are going to play the groundbreaking R&B/hip-hop/pop trio illustrating and portraying the fiery interpersonal drama and amazing talent.
"I would sing 'No Scrubs' over and over again to the point my parents would have to tell me to stop, but I never did, I had my little hairbrush as my mic and nobody could tell me I wasn't the fourth member of TLC," Palmer said in a statement announcing her casting. Lil Mama, the rambunctious voice behind Lip Gloss and judge of MTVs America's Best Dance Crew, will take on the role of Lisa Left Eye Lopes, who died in a car crash in Honduras in 2002. Palmer (Akeela & the Bee) is tapped to portray Rozonda Chilli Thomas, and Sidora will play Tionne T-Boz Watkins (LA Times).
The TLC Biopic is a first out of a series of music biopics the VH1 network is currently producing. The TLC biopic is produced by Watkins and Thomas. Kate Lanier wrote the screenplay for the TLC Biopic and previously worked on "What's Love Got to Do With It," and "Beauty Shop".
This is definitely going to be a big project since the platinum selling girl group has made major impacts with such hit songs as "Waterfalls," and "No Scrubs".
CL Casting recently posted on their Facebook Page the following casting details:Hi guys we are announcing another project, The TLC Biopic. They will be telling the great story of some amazingly talented ladies. We are going to list a few things we are currently looking for. We will be sending out an e-mail with more detailed breakdown but we thought we would start the ball rolling and let the word spread. If you are not signed up to get our e-mail please ON YOUR COMPUTER look above and hit the Blue B. You can't do it from your Phone CARS CARS CARS Yep- Years 1990-2000. Need to be in decent shape as it will be shooting as present day in that time period. We would love for any type vehicles from that time frame be submitted. Tour buses, cop cars, upscale cars, ANYTHING YOU have or know of send them our way. Please send photos of vehicles plus your self to [email protected] Please include yr, make, model and color in body of e-mail as well as subject line. HAMMER TIME We are searching for an MC Hammer look a like or impersonator from the early to mid 90's. Please e-mail [email protected] Include 3 pics (head and body) age, ht, wt, and all contact info, Put HAMMER TIME in the subject line. DANCERS We are seeking Men and Women 22 and younger that have great dancing skills. We need the old school hip hop skills. If you have a group that you dance with normally that you feel would be a great pick as a team please note that in the body of the e-mail. It would be great to get dancers that have already worked with each other. If you fit this description please e-mail [email protected] Include 3 pics (head and body) age, ht, wt, and all contact info. Put MALE or FEMALE DANCER in the subject line. MACK 10 Looking for a look-a-like for Mack 10 in the late 90's. If you feel you have this look please e-mail [email protected] Include 3 pics (head and body) age, ht, wt, and all contact info. Put MACK 10 in the subject box. Look for some reference photos and videos later today.
Casting Update February 21, 2013
Via CL CastingThis film has very few extras, but most are very specific, featured, or recurring. Since work dates cannot be provided at this time, those wishing to submit should have a flexible schedule. We are currently looking for the following:
- ANYONE that has a 1990s Look
- Male Hip Hop Dancers, Ages 18-22 (Potential for speaking roles)
- Female Hip Hop Dancers, Ages 18-22
- ANYONE with 90s hairstyles Kid N Play Fades, Rachel Cuts..etc
- Roller Skaters Ages 18-25
- CARS, BUSES, LIMOS, FROM 1980s 2002 (Anyone that has a car from this time frame is welcome to submit their automobiles)
- 1991-1993 Pathfinders
- 1991-1993 Dodge Neons
- People that can do any 90s dance styles (do not have to be a dancer)
- Bouncers, Bartenders, Cops
- Lisas Friends Girls with a ROUGH look, this could be TOUGH-looking, Large and in charge, or just a general intensity or anger about them. Must be willing to change their hair if necessary.
- Looking for an African American woman with amblyopia for a featured role.
- Also looking for an African American woman with a disabled arm for a featured role.
- Sound/Music Technicians - Looking for males only - Caucasians, Asians, and African Americans with EXPERIENCE IN A MUSIC STUDIO.
- MACK 10 LOOK-ALIKE
- MC Hammer Impersonator (MC Hammer from the early 90s)
- Experienced Doctor - 40's-50's Male or Female
- We are also looking for the following Stand in Positions: EXPERIENCE A PLUS
- Female 1: African American Female 56 Weight proportionate/Fit
- Female 2: African American Female 53 - Weight proportionate/Fit
- Female 3: African American Female 54 - Weight proportionate/Fit