Apple TV’s Little America is now casting and hiring actors to audition for roles in the TV series.
Production started on February 8, 2018, and it was announced Apple was developing a TV series about the true stories collection “Little America”, which was featured in Epic Magazine. The show is written by Lee Eisenberg, Kumail Nanjiani, and Emily V. Gordon, who produce alongside Alan Yang, Joshua Bearman, and Joshua Davis. Arthur Spector will act as co-executive producer. Production companies involved in the series include Universal Television. On June 19, 2018, the show announced Apple have given the series a production order and the series began filming in New Jersey in early 2019.
What is Little America about?
Little America is an anthology streaming TV series for Apple TV+. The series premiered on January 17, 2020, and renewned in December 2019, prior to the series premiere. According to the plot, Little America looks to "go beyond the headlines to look at the funny, romantic, heartfelt, inspiring and unexpected lives of immigrants in America, at a time when their stories are more relevant than ever."
Little America Cast:
- Suraj Sharma as Kabir
- Eshan Inamdar as young Kabir
- Ishan Gandhi as preteen Kabir
- Sherilyn Fenn as Laura Bush
- Jearnest Corchado as Marisol
- Melinna Bobadilla as Gloria
- John Ortiz as Squash Coach
- Jamie Gore Pawlik as Charlotte Ansley
- Conphidance as Iwegbuna
- Tom McCarthy as Professor Robbins
- Chinaza Uche as Chioke
- Ebbe Bassey as Mma Udeh
- Mélanie Laurent as Sylviane
- Zachary Quinto as Spiritual Leader
- Bill Heck as Jack
- Gavin Lee as Henry
- Kemiyondo Coutinho as Beatrice
- Innocent Ekakitie as Brian
- Susan Basemera as Yuliana
- Philip Luswata as Beatrice's Father
The Grand Prize Expo Winners
- Angela Lin as Ai
- X. Lee as Bo
- Madeleine Chang as Cheng
- Shaun Toub as Faraz
- Shila Vosough Ommi as Yasmin
- Justin Ahdoot as Behrad
- Haaz Sleiman as Rafiq
- Adam Ali as Zain
The series has an overwhelmingly positive rating. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the series has a 95% rating. The site's critical consensus is, "Joyous, heartfelt, and very human, Little America's thoughtful collection of immigrant tales is as inspirational as it is relatable.”
Little America Casting Calls & Acting Auditions
Little America for a Universal Television Series
From executive producers Kumail Nanjiani, Emily V. Gordon, Lee Eisenberg, Sian Heder, Alan Yang, Joshua Bearman, Joshua Davis, Natalie Sandy, Arthur Spector
- Jibril - The character portrayed is 20 - 40 years old, Somali, male. Plenty of swagger and ambition, JIBRIL is the owner of a Somali restaurant in Minneapolis. Speaks Somalia and English. LEAD ROLE.
- Somali Characters of All Ages - These characters are portrayed as all genders between 5 years to 60 years old.
No experience necessary
Shoots approximately 2 weeks in 2022, dates TBD, in California
We are committed to the progressive, equitable casting. For every role, please submit qualified performers without regard to race, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical ability, age, religion, national and ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by law.
This production films in the United States. Please note that travel restrictions due to COVID may be in place.