When you think of the show The Bachelor, what do you think of?
What comes to mind are attractive people looking for love. However, what isn't apparent is that there is an open casting call behind these scenes nearly all of the time. This means anyone can go.
The show has become such a phenomenon that it's easy to forget these Bachelor tryouts. The show producers are still looking for the right candidate to make good TV and eventually receive proposals from all twenty-five contestants vying for their hearts.
Typically, there is a casting call each season for The Bachelor. There is a Bachelor tryout one every four months until the actual show begins filming about six weeks later. It's easy to see why there is such a turn-out of women trying to get on this show. Around 20,000 people typically attend the open call at each city to try their chances. Those numbers are staggering compared to the 300-400 applicants to the show during its first season back in 2002.
How to apply for a Bachelor Casting Call
Although the open casting calls were typically held in large cities like Los Angeles and New York, they've also expanded to smaller cities like San Juan, Puerto Rico. This makes it possible for more women across the country to make their way down to these open casting calls. Not only is there an application process on ABC's website, but another is to fill out an ABC application that is available at each open call.
Of course, there are other ways that women can be in contention for a spot on The Bachelor/Bachelorette. One of the most well-known is to send in a video submission through the show's website or even YouTube. Although this doesn't guarantee any spots, it's one way to have your 15 minutes of fame. Another is to be good friends with someone close to the show. If you are someone's best friend or even relative, there may be a chance for an application to come your way.
Eligibility Criteria for 'The Bachelor' Casting Calls
Although the open casting calls are looking for women who appear to be in their mid-twenties the to early thirties, there is no specific age requirement. However, those who do attend Bachelor tryouts must be single and never married.
Pro tips in casting for 'The Bachelor'
- Make sure to wear something that flatters your body the best
- Be outgoing and eager to get your face on TV
Although there is no guarantee, these tips could mean the difference between getting noticed or overlooked. Even if you aren't selected for The Bachelor/Bachelorette this season, it's an experience in itself. You never know where it could lead.
So, if you are looking for your prince charming or even an opportunity to live in front of the camera with your best friend, attending a Bachelor casting call is the perfect place for you. This can give you a better chance at love and achieving your dreams. It gives you the freedom to be yourself and give your best shot.
What to wear/bring to a Bachelor casting call?
- Wear something that flatters your body shape
- Don't apply if you are not single, never married.
- Bring an ABC application form
- Bring a pen
How to stand out in a Bachelor casting call?
- Be outgoing, friendly, and smile a lot
- Talk about your passion for The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- Make eye contact with those interviewing you.
What to prepare before attending the casting call?
- Show up looking mature. It would help if you looked like someone who has their life together.
- Be confident but not arrogant. Don't be shy. Show producers are looking for contestants who are excited about the opportunity to be on The Bachelor/Bachelorette
- Show up early, so you have time to look over the application if necessary.
What happens at 'The Bachelor' casting calls?
- If you make it to the next round, you will be asked to participate in interviews with producers about your background and experience.
You may participate in group activities designed to get everyone excited about being on the show.
At this point, if you have made it to the top 50, then congratulations! You have an excellent chance to be one of the chosen ones.
- This is when you will take part in personality tests, psychological screenings, and background checks.
- Bachelor casting call rules: no children, proof of age required, bring two forms of ID.
What do they look for in a Bachelor casting call?
- Producers look for outgoing and personable contestants who will be great on camera, but also relatable. Who wouldn't want to come home to someone made of more substance than just good looks?
- They are looking for women who are strong contenders in terms of having a very positive attitude, knowing what they want, being extroverted -- making eye contact, good posture, being comfortable being in front of the camera.
(The Bachelor casting calls are looking for single women age 25-35)
Be aware of the rules/regulations set by ABC. If you do not abide by them, you will be cut from the competition without warning. They have to have people who are serious about being on the show, so it is important to know the application/casting call rules and regulations.
There are many women who love The Bachelor/Bachelorette series and would give anything just to be where you are. Show that you can be chosen not only as someone to entertain audiences but also that you have a good chance at finding love.
'The Bachelor' casting call location/cities 2021:
Due to the COVID pandemic, most Bachelor casting calls have moved completely online. You can now fill out an application here to apply for 'The Bachelor' casting call.