Universal Music Group is Now Hiring Associate Creative Directors
Universal Music Group is now hiring Associate Creative Directors in New York City, New York.
Are You Ready for the Opportunity of a Lifetime?
At Universal Music Group (UMG), they understand the power of music. They provide a platform that allows artists to create and share their artistry with the world. As part of its commitment to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship, UMG operates in more than 60 countries around the globe.
Now, UMG is looking for an Associate Creative Director. If you have expertise in digital and social advertising formats, top-notch design skills, and experience collaborating directly with talent and creators on campaigns, this job is done for you. Keep reading to find out what's in it for you!
As an Associate Creative Director at UMG, here are some of the things you'll do:
- Work with recording artists from Republic Records to develop creative branding strategies
- Oversee artwork, artist imaging, packaging, and promotion materials
- Guide visual branding direction across multiple platforms
- Recruit outside creatives such as animators, video directors, and editors
- Collaborate internally with marketing teams to build compelling single and album projects
- Contribute to Republic Records' branding across advertising events, product, and artwork
- Direct specifics for each artist/project to key business departments
So why should you apply? In addition to working with some of the greatest minds in music today while making sure artists succeed in telling their stories through visuals, here's what else they offer:
- Comprehensive health care benefits include 100% coverage for outpatient mental health services and well-being reimbursements up to $720/year.
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30K.
- Student loan repayment assistance and tuition reimbursement.
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% contribution on eligible compensation.
- Flexible paid time off includes three weeks PTO for nonexempt employees, two weeks paid winter break, and additional perks (like Summer Fridays).
Ready to reach new heights in your career? Join them at UMG, where your passion will be rewarded!
How to apply?
Check out the casting call breakdown below to audition for a role in the upcoming production.
Join Project Casting to access jobs you can apply to right now.
Associate Creative Director
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. We are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship in everything we do. We own and operate many businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans worldwide.
A division of Universal Music Group, the world’s leading music company, Republic Records is home to an all-star roster of multi-platinum, award-winning legends and superstar artists such as Ariana Grande, Black Thought, Drake, Florence + the Machine, Greta Van Fleet, Hailee Steinfeld, Jack Johnson, James Blake, James Bay, Jessie J, John Mellencamp, Jonas Brothers, Julia Michaels, Kid Cudi, Lil Wayne, Lorde, Metro Boomin, NAV, Nicki Minaj, Of Monsters and Men, Pearl Jam, Post Malone, Seth MacFarlane, Stevie Wonder, Taylor Swift, The Weeknd and more.
Founded by brothers and chief executives Monte and Avery Lipman, it comprises innovative business ventures, including American Recordings, Boominati Worldwide, Brushfire, Casablanca Records, Cash Money, Lava Records, XO, and Young Money, among others. Republic also maintains a long-standing strategic alliance with Universal Music Latin Entertainment (J Balvin and Karol G).
How we LEAD:
Republic Records is partnered with some of our generation's greatest creative minds and storytellers, praised for their music and marked by inspiring and meticulously planned visual eras.
Today, the predominant methods of music discovery are visual. In order to continue to build upon the legacy Republic is known for, we must be able to cater to music fans of today and build an infrastructure to continue to support our artists’ creative needs.
We are looking for individuals to usher this philosophy into the core of campaigns and the heart of the label.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with artists on the Republic Records roster to develop a holistic creative and brand strategy for campaigns.
- Provide visual branding direction across the artwork, artist imaging, packaging, music content, marketing assets, promotion materials, and other visual content.
- Maintain, recruit, and develop outside freelance creative talent, including visual artists, graphic designers, photographers, animators, video directors, editors, etc., to incorporate into the artist ecosystem.
- Collaborate with marketing and digital departments to create compelling artist single and album rollout strategies and visual campaigns.
- Work collaboratively internally and externally to bring artist brand and music campaign narratives to life.
- Develop and manage the creative process from concept to completion. Ensure timely delivery of assets and associated deadlines.
- Contribute to the direction of the Republic Brand across Advertising, Events, Products, and Artwork.
- Communicate / Direct imaging and branding specifics for each artist/project to key business departments.
- Commission and negotiate fees for photo shoots, including photographers, stylists, make-up artists, prop stylists, and hair stylists.
- Provide art direction to internal and freelance creative talent such as designers and photographers.
- Design compelling pitch decks for label and artist pitches.
Bring your VIBE:
- Proficient in Digital, Social, AV, and Print advertising formats and top-of-class design benchmarks.
- Experience working directly with talent and creators to collaborate on campaigns.
- Experience managing high-volume creative and multiple campaign types in parallel.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud applications, in particular Photoshop and InDesign.
- Be part of an entrepreneurial, global organization that values authenticity, drive, creativity, relationships, and a competitive spirit
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and FSA options, as well as:
- 100% coverage for out-patient mental health services
- Wellbeing reimbursements for fitness classes, spa treatments, meal services, travel, and so much more (up to $720/year)
- A lifetime fertility support allowance of $30,000 to plan participants
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- 100% immediately vested 401(k) match on the first 5% of your contribution on eligible compensation
- Variety of ways to prioritize much-needed time away from work, including:
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) for exempt employees
- 3-weeks PTO for non-exempt employees
- 2-weeks paid Winter Break
- 10 Paid Holidays (including Juneteenth and Wellbeing Day)
- Summer Fridays (between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Generous paid parental leave for every type of parent
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities subject to change.
All UMG employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English | Spanish
Interested? Apply Now
You deserve to get discovered. Find more jobs, networking opportunities, and resources on Project Casting.