The Tribeca Film Festival and AT&T are looking to give back to the film industry and help fund and distribute movies from underrepresented filmmakers.
If youre an aspiring filmmaker from an underrepresented community with a screenplay ready to begin production in 2019, AT&T and the Tribeca Film Festival are looking for you. Their new film program, AT&T Presents Untold Stories, gives the opportunity for an aspiring filmmaker to receive production funding of up to $1,000,000, a Tribeca Film Festival premiere and distribution across AT&T platforms including DIRECTV Now. The winner will also receive mentorship from veteran industry professionals.
Runners-up will receive $10,000 grants to develop their films. Applicants must apply with a feature-length screenplay, with a director already attached to the project. Only one submission per applicant is allowed, and the submission must not have been distributed in theaters or have aired on any form of television, screaming or public screening prior to April 2020, when the chosen film will premiere at Tribeca. While the screenplay must be submitted in English, submissions for films that will be subtitled are also eligible.
All submissions must include the following:
- A completed online application form
- A U.S.-based filmmaker from an underrepresented community in the film industry attached to the project.
- Bios and contact information for key filmmaker(s)/applicant(s).
- Registration with the WGA or copyright office for all submitted screenplays.
- If submitting footage via online streaming URL Links embedded in your online application that redirect to a streaming website where we may access your footage. PLEASE NOTE: You must not take down your footage at any time through the submission process, or you will be disqualified.
- A budget top sheet or summary that reflects the $1 million award.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico.
Aspiring filmmakers can find more information here and until the deadline of November 19.Related:
- NBC is Now Looking for Aspiring Directors
- 20th Century Foxs Fear Street is Now Hiring All Crew Positions
- Netflix is Now Hiring Office Production Assistants