NBCUniversal is searching for aspiring filmmakers, actors, and now the media company is looking for aspiring writers.
As part of the company’s 2018 Writers on the Verge program, NBCUniversal is now accepting applications for aspiring writers. Writers that are selected will be invited to join a 12-week program focused on polishing writers and preparing them for a position a TV series.
“We are looking for writers who are “almost there” but need that final bit of preparation with their writing and personal presentation skills. We particularly encourage writers of diverse backgrounds to apply.”
Writers will have the chance to attend two-night classes at NBCUniversal in Universal City, California. Once accepted, students must attend all classes and turn in all written assignments.
Classes concentrate on creating exceptional material to enhance their portfolio, and understanding the dynamics of pitching oneself in the television industry. Writers are given the chance to interact with industry players ranging from network executives to show runners to agents and receive valuable feedback on their work and pitch style.
Past participants in the program have worked on hit shows including The Blacklist, Marlon, Community, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Chicago Fire, and Parenthood.
How to Submit
The submission window is open MAY 1st, 2018 – MAY 31st, 2018 at 11:59pm PT.
- We do not accept email or mail submissions. You must complete the online application before the deadline.
- We will accept submissions from individual writers and from writing teams of two. We will not accept writing teams of more than two.
- Submitted specs must be written for a show on our Accepted Shows List. We do not accept all shows. Please ensure that your spec is included on our list.
- Finalists may be asked for a second writing sample.
- Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the program.
For more information click here
Additional questions (NOT APPLICATIONS) should be submitted to [email protected]